Ethernet I/O Modules
Ethernet I/O Solutions for Modbus TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP, and Profinet Networks
Acromag's Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP I/O, and Profinet products offer a variety of solutions for remote I/O, distributed process control, and factory automation applications. Analog and discrete Ethernet I/O modules interface sensors and actuators to controllers with Modbus TCP/IP or Ethernet/IP CIP protocol network communication.
EtherNet/IP (Ethernet Industrial Protocol) is traditional Ethernet combined with an industrial application layer protocol targeted to industrial automation. This application layer protocol is the Control and Information Protocol (CIP™). EtherNet/IP was created in an attempt to overcome the shortcomings of traditional IEEE 802.3 Ethernet as applied to the industrial automation world.
Modbus TCP/IP uses TCP/IP and Ethernet to carry the data of the Modbus message structure between compatible devices. That is, Modbus TCP/IP combines a physical network (Ethernet), with a networking standard (TCP/IP), and a standard method of representing data (Modbus as the application protocol). Essentially, the Modbus TCP/IP message is simply a Modbus communication encapsulated in an Ethernet TCP/IP wrapper.
Profinet controllers are programmed with a special Profinet Configuration tool, like the Step7 from Siemens.
- Analog I/OThese Ethernet analog input/output modules perform A/D or D/A conversion to interface sensors, instruments, and actuators to a Modbus TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP, or Profinet c...Read More
- Digital I/OThese Ethernet digital input/output modules interface on/off, hi/lo, or open/close discrete logic devices and relays to a Modbus TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP, or Profinet&n...Read More
- Multi-Function I/OThese modules combine analog and discrete I/O functions on a single unit. Network Ethernet Special Features ComparisonRead More
- Ethernet Switches and ConvertersThese industrial-grade switches provide reliable network communications. Select managed or unmanaged models for copper or fiber-optic cables.Read More
- Software SupportFor fast and easy implementation, Acromag offers a variety of utilities and controls to speed development with OPC, Visual Basic, Visual C, and .NET environments.Read More
- AccessoriesSelect from an assortment of power supplies, adapters, cables, and mounting kits to simplify installation.Read More