Acromag is an AS9100 Aerospace Certified Supplier and is required to ensure that our purchasing process complies with all applicable purchasing requirements. These Aerospace Purchasing Requirements are supplied to your company as an addendum to the Purchase Order issued to your company for services and/or products.
In addition to the specifications, drawings, process requirements, inspection instructions and/or other relevant technical data that is contained with, or specified on the purchase order, your company is being notified of, and required to, comply with the following additional requirements:
1. Limitation on Use of Disclosure: Supplier shall never disclose any confidential information to any person or entity outside without express written permission from Acromag, Inc.
2. Calibration service providers are required to provide evidence that all calibrations are performed with standards traceable to National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). – See Calibration & Repairs Section Below
3. The implementation of a quality management system.
4. The use of customer-designated or approved suppliers, including process sources (e.g., special processes).
5. Notification to Acromag when nonconforming processes, products, or services occur and obtain approval for disposition.
6. Notification to Acromag of changes to your processes, products, or services, including changes of your suppliers or location of manufacture, that may affect Acromag’s ability to meet the customer’s requirements, and to proactively obtain approval from Acromag regarding your intent to modify.
7. Acromag partners with our suppliers to ensure a supply chain that is committed to the ethical sourcing of materials and products, is free from unethical business practices, and is respectful of human rights. Suppliers who compromise their commitment to ethical business practices, conflict-free sourcing, and human rights compromise their potential business with Acromag.
8. The flow down to your sub-tier suppliers of any applicable specifications or requirements, including Acromag requirements.
9. Retain applicable processing records, as specified within the Purchase Order, including retention and disposition requirements associated with these records for a minimum of 7 years.
10. The right of access by Acromag, Acromag’s customers, and/or regulatory authorities.
11. Acceptance of the notice, as specified on the Purchase Order, of any verification or validation activities that Acromag, or its customer, may intend to perform at your premises.
12. Where aerospace material is provided, supplier shall be aware of, and comply with, the requirements as specified in Acromag’s purchasing documents “additional information section”.
13. Awareness and controls to prevent the use, or supply of, counterfeit parts to fulfill the Purchase Order requirements:
a. For purposes of this Section, “Work” consists of those parts delivered under the Purchase Order that are the lowest level of separately identifiable items (e.g., articles, raw materials, components, goods, and assemblies).
b. “Counterfeit Work” means Work that is or contains unlawful or unauthorized reproductions, substitutions, or alterations that have been knowingly mismarked, misidentified, or otherwise misrepresented to be an authentic, unmodified part from the original manufacturer, or a source with the express written authority of the original manufacturer or current design activity, including an authorized aftermarket manufacturer.
c. Unlawful or unauthorized substitution includes used Work represented as new, or the false identification of grade, serial number, lot number, date code, or performance characteristics. “Suspect Counterfeit Work” means Work for which credible evidence (including, but not limited to, visual inspection or testing) provides reasonable doubt that the Work is authentic.
d. Supplier shall not deliver Counterfeit Work or Suspect Counterfeit Work to Buyer under the Purchase Order.
e. Supplier shall only purchase products to be delivered or incorporated as Work to Buyer directly from the original component manufacturer (“OCM”), original equipment manufacturer (“OEM”), or through an OCM/OEM authorized distributor chain. Supplier may use another source only if:
(i) the foregoing sources are unavailable,
(ii) Supplier’s inspection and other counterfeit risk mitigation processes will be employed to ensure the authenticity of the Work, and
(iii) Supplier test parts to AS6081 (A1:A6) and receives approval from Buyer – See Counterfeit Component Avoidance Requirements Below.
f. Supplier shall maintain counterfeit risk mitigation processes in accordance with industry recognized standards and with any other specific requirements identified in the Purchase Order in the “additional info section”.
g. Supplier shall immediately notify Buyer with the pertinent facts if Supplier becomes aware or suspects that it has delivered Counterfeit Work or Suspect Counterfeit Work. When requested by Buyer, Supplier shall provide documentation that authenticates traceability and enables tracking of the affected items through the supply chain back to the applicable OCM/OEM.
h. This clause applies in addition to and is not altered, changed, or superseded by any quality provision, specification, statement of work or other provision included in the Purchase Order addressing the authenticity of Work. To the extent such provisions conflict with this clause, this clause prevails.
i. If Work delivered under the Purchase Order constitutes or includes Counterfeit Work, Supplier shall, at its expense, promptly replace such Counterfeit Work with genuine Work conforming to the requirements of the Purchase Order. Notwithstanding any other provision in the Purchase Order, Supplier shall be liable for all costs relating to the removal and replacement of Counterfeit Work, including without limitation Buyer’s costs of removing Counterfeit Work, of installing replacement Work and of any testing necessitated by the reinstallation of Work after Counterfeit Work has been exchanged. If Work delivered under the Purchase Order constitutes or includes Suspect Counterfeit Work, Supplier shall, at its expense, promptly prove that such Suspect Counterfeit Work is authentic. If Supplier is unable to prove such authenticity to Buyer’s sole satisfaction, the provisions of this paragraph regarding Counterfeit Work shall apply. The remedies contained in this paragraph are in addition to any remedies Buyer may have at law, equity or under other provisions of the Purchase Order.
j. At the request of Buyer, Supplier shall provide a certification that the Work provided to Buyer does not contain any Counterfeit Work or Suspect Counterfeit Work. Certification may also include or require the submission of an original certificate of conformance, original test reports, or other data traceable to approved labs or other entities to ensure an item is as claimed. Buyer may request clear identification of the name and location of supply chain intermediaries from the OCM/OEM to the direct source of the Work for Supplier; and where available, the batch identification of the OCM/OEM for the Work, such as date codes, lot codes, or serial numbers.
k. Supplier shall be responsible to communicate the above counterfeit controls to sub-tier suppliers the delivery of items that will be included in or furnished as Work to Buyer.
14. As a supplier to Acromag, you are responsible for controlling the actual configuration of parts and components, as specified in the purchasing documents, which are contracted to you that affect product safety.
As an approved supplier to Acromag, we request the proper protocol will be in place to ensure your personnel are aware of their contribution and impact on providing safe, defect-free services, and/or products that meet your company, Acromag, and the end customer’s/user’s expectations.
All metalwork suppliers are required to provide a certificate of conformity.
Unless otherwise specified on provided drawings, the certificate of conformity must contain the following information:
- Acromag Part Number with Revision
- Verification the parts meet specifications on the prints
- Certificate of Conformity
In addition, each piece of metalwork must be etched with a lot code on the metalwork in the following format: YYWW (last two digits of the year, and week of the year).
Department of Defense Order Declaration: This is a rated order certified for United States national defense/security use requiring the Supplier to follow all provisions of the United States Defense Priorities and Allocations System (DPAS) regulation (15 CFR 700) (FAR 52.211-15). Please reference each line’s “Special Instructions” to review the DPAS Priority Rating: XX-XX and Prime Contract Number: XXXXXXXX. All quantities ordered are based on standard MOQ/pack size and coverage for process fallout. Best dates per part number are requested to be confirmed. DPAS orders are required to have confirmation dates and quantities provided within 24-hours of receipt of purchase order. Any DPAS order not recognized by the purchase order Supplier requires a valid justification from the OEM clearly outlining why the OEM does not recognize/accept DPAS orders. Calibration & Repairs
The supplier shall calibrate/repair units to the below standards unless otherwise outlined by Acromag Incorporated. Any additional requirements will be clearly outlined under the “Special Instructions” per line item. All calibrations/repairs must have a C of C provided to ensure the proper standards are being followed per PO instructions along with Terms and Conditions requirements.
- Calibrate Per ISO 17025 Accredited Data with Measurement Uncertainty
- Calibration of this instrument shall be performed by a “NVLAP” Registered Laboratory
- The Calibration report shall as a minimum list the following information:
- As received and as left calibration information
- Out-of-Tolerance conditions
- The list of traceable calibration standards used to verify/calibrate the Acromag instrument
- Calibration expiration – to be included in report and on equipment
Counterfeit Component Avoidance Requirements
- OCM/OEM, Authorized/Franchised Distributors:
By fulfilling this Purchase Order, you certify you are the components original component/original equipment manufacturer (OCM/OEM), or an authorized franchised distributor. As an authorized franchised distributor, all components on this order are to be acquired directly from the original component/original equipment manufacturer, with records of traceability to the OCM/OEM. A certificate of compliance and traceability to the OCM/OEM are required to be supplied with each delivery of components to Acromag.
- Independent Distributors (Broker/Nonfranchise Supplier):
The seller represents and warrants that only authentic components are delivered to Acromag Incorporated. To mitigate the possibility of counterfeit components being supplied to Acromag the seller shall:
o Provide traceability records from the original component/original equipment manufacturer, and all supply chain intermediaries to the distributor’s direct source. The seller certifies the components are new and unused. Traceability records shall include the name and addresses of all supply chain intermediaries from the component manufacturer to the direct source of the component for the seller and shall include batch/lot identification of the component such as date/lot codes. A certificate of compliance and traceability is required with each delivery of components to Acromag.
o When direct traceability to the original component/equipment manufacturer and any supply chain intermediaries are not available inspections and tests of the components shall be performed to authenticate the components are new, unused, and not counterfeit components. Inspection and test methods shall be in compliance with the requirements of AS5553, CCAP-101 or IDEA-STD-1010, and include component identifiers such as date/lot codes. The inspection and test results, and a certificate of compliance shall be supplied to Acromag with the components.
- All parts must be tested to AS6081 (A1:A6) standards unless otherwise directed by Acromag Purchasing. Testing data must be provided for review and full approval by Acromag Engineering and Quality prior to releasing the order for shipping. All Xilinx parts with 2D Barcode will be rejected if 2D Barcode cannot provide the internal temperature information as outlined by the functionality of the 2D Barcode using the Xilinx application. Any parts found to be fraudulent will be reported to GIDEP and ERAI accordingly. If a supplier is unable to provide testing to AS6081 (A1:A6) standards, Acromag reserves the right to take the responsibility on to have the components tested to AS6081 (A1:A6) standards to ensure authenticity.