APP NOTE: Record Building Water Usage with Remote Ethernet I/O
Record Building Water Usage with Remote Ethernet I/O
This document illustrates using Acromag’s XT1211 discrete I/O modules to communicate via Modbus TCP/IP and aid in monitoring the usage and quality of water used by a school.
Defining the Problem:
Regulatory Compliance – To meet environmental standards by monitoring the usage and quality of water used by a school. System will record the temperature, pressure, and flow rate for reporting purposes.
Field instruments used are pressure transmitters (PT), temperature sensors (T/C), and flowmeters (FM) with 4-20mA outputs. Remote I/O convert the analog inputs to Modbus TCP/IP on Ethernet which communicates with the Building Automation System (BAS) for data logging, trending, and histograms.
Implementing the Solution:
1. Configure the module using Acromag Windows® based software via USB connection.
2. Connect the field instruments and verify input status using the software test & polling feature
3. Program the BAS with the remote I/O network parameters and Modbus registers.
- 8 Differential Current Inputs, Modbus TCP/IP XT1211-000
- Software Interface Package XT-SIP
Acromag provides a simple and cost-effective solution for interfacing data from a number of sensors to building control systems.