How to Configure the Wonderware MBENET I/O Server to Communicate with the Acromag 9xxEN Ethernet Modules Application Note
The purpose of this document is to provide a procedure for configuring MBENET I/O Server (ie: Modicon Ethernet I/O Server) to communicate with an Acromag Series 9xxEN Ethernet I/O Module. It is assumed that the user has a working knowledge of Wonderware and how to link the Wonderware application to the Wonderware I/O driver.
- To establish communication between MBENET I/O Server and Acromag 9xxEN modules, a Topic Definition needs to be created. To create a Topic Definition, open MBENET I/O Server.
- In the MBENET window, open the Configure menu, and click on Topic Definition.
This opens the Topic Definition dialogue box.
- In the Topic Definition dialogue box, click the New button.
This opens the MBENET Topic Definition dialogue box.
The MBENET Topic Definition dialogue box is where communication settings are defined. Create a Topic Definition as indicated below.
- Topic Name
Create a unique Topic Name that is less than 32 characters long and begins with a letter.
- IP Address
Specify the IP Address that will be used to access the 9xxEN Module.
Note: The default IP Address for 9xxEN modules is 126.96.36.199
- Dest_Index or Unit ID: Set to 0.
- Slave Device Type: In the dropdown box, select 584/984 PLC.
- Communication Channels: Verify that the Unsolicited Messages box is not checked.
Download PDF for full instructions.