How to Configure Omron PLCs with Ethernet/IP for Use with Remote I/O – 8500883
Configuring Omron CJ2H PLC’s with Ethernet/IP for use with Acromag Ethernet/IP Remote I/O
Acromag Ethernet/IP I/O with Omron CJ2H PLC’s
This document walks the user through the configuration of the Cx-One Network Configurator software that is used in conjunction with Omron CJ2H PLC’s. It is assumed that the user has a working knowledge of the PLC and Cx-One software.
Configuring the CxOne “Network Configurator”
- Start the Cx-One Network Configurator by selecting Start-> All Programs->Omron-> Cx-One->Network Configurator for Ethernet/IP-> Network Configurator.
- Expand the Communications Adapter tree and double click on CJ2B-EIP21. The PLC will be loaded into the Ethernet/IP_1 window. Highlight the PLC as shown, right click on it and select Change Node Address.
- In the Change IP box, enter the IP Address of the PLC and then click OK.
- Click on EDS Files->Install in the main window to bring up this dialog box. Navigate to where the EDS files are stored on your system and then double click on the model being installed.
- Click on No when it asks if the icon should be installed.
- The Acromag device has now been added to the Communications Adapter tree, double click on it to add it to the Ethernet/IP_1
network window. Then right click on the Acromag device and select Change Node Address.
- In the Change IP box, enter the IP Address of the Acromag device and then click OK.
Download the PDF for complete instructions.