How to Communicate to Acromag Series Ethernet Modules from Red Lion HMIs Application Note
Red Lion HMIs
This document illustrates a procedure for configuring message commands for Acromag Ethernet modules using the Red Lion Crimson 2.0 Software. It is assumed that the user has a working knowledge of the Crimson 2.0 software, as well as a Red Lion HMI.
Setting up Communications
- From a new or existing project, double click on the Communications icon
- On the left hand side, select the Ethernet Port. For the Port Mode, select Configured via DHCP or APIPA for a DHCP server. For a fixed IP address, select Manual Configuration.
For Manual Configuration, enter the appropriate IP Address, Network Mask, and Gateway.
- Click on Protocol 1 –Modbus TCP/IP Master. In the Driver Selection section, Click on the Edit… button. Select the Manufacturer Modbus. Select the Driver Modbus TCP/IP Master.
Right click on the Protocol 1. Select Add Another Device. To change the name of this device, right click on it, and select Rename.
- Click on the new device. Under the Device Settings section, check the Enable Device Box to enable the Module. Set your desired poll rate in the Comms Delay Text box.
- In the Device Identification section, type in the IP Address of the desired Acromag Ethernet Module. The default Address is 220.127.116.11 and TCP Port of 502.
Download PDF for complete instructions