How to Communicate to Ethernet Modules using PCCC from CompactLogix Devices – 8500771
Communicating to Acromag Series 900EN60xx Ethernet Modules Using PCCC from CompactLogix Devices
PCCC Messaging with CompactLogix
This document illustrates a procedure for configuring PCCC message commands for Acromag Series 900EN Ethernet/IP modules. We will be using Ladder Logic programming together with a CompactLogix Controller. It is assumed that the user has a working knowledge of Ladder Logic programming and the RSLogix5000 software, as well as the CompactLogix hardware.
Configuring PCCC Messaging Using CompactLogix in Ladder Logix 5000
- In the Controller Organizer box:
- Double click on MainProgram -> MainRoutine.
- Then, in the Language Element window, click on the Input/Output tab and click the MSG button.
- This will add a message box to your program.
- Make sure in the Message Control dropdown menu to select a suitable message tag.
- After double clicking the message tag, click on the “…” button in the MSG box.
- The Message Configuration window will open.
- For a PCCC Read:
- Select PLC5 Typed Read as the Message Type
- The Source Element is the starting address of the registers to be read.
- The Destination Element dropdown menu is where the information from the module will be stored. At this point you want to select an INT tag array.
- Make sure the number of array slots is at least equal to the number of elements read.
Download How to Communicate to Ethernet Modules using PCCC from CompactLogix Devices for complete instructions.