Universal Transmitters Offer Dual Relay Output Alarms for Significant Cost Savings
Acromag’s uBTA universal transmitters are field-configurable using Bluetooth® wireless technology for custom ranges. Additionally, these transmitters offer dual output alarm relays per channel. The transmitter input is also scalable to 0-20mA, 4-20mA, and 0-5V output ranges. Dual alarms feature hi/hi, lo/lo, and hi/lo with either two independent mechanical or solid-state relays. Consequently, these universal transmitters offer a solution for isolating, monitoring, and converting sensor signals to interface with your data acquisition or control system.
The uBTA carriers are used together with Acromag’s microBlox® signal conditioning modules; creating powerful alarms that also provide a voltage/current transmitter output. In addition, the plug-in modules offer the convenience of wireless field programming on a smartphone or tablet.
Getting Started is Easy!
- Choose one of two carrier types: either a back panel version with 1 or 2 inputs, or a housing version with 1 input
- Choose your uB module input type: i.e. milliVolt, Voltage, Current, RTD, Thermocouple, or Frequency
- Then download the Agility mobile app for easy configuration. (Available for free on both Apple iTunes and Google Play.)
- Finally, custom-configure your universal transmitter!
Compatible uB Plug-in Input Modules
|Model||Nominal Module Inputs||Transmitter Outputs||Alarms|
|uB31-B/uB41-B||±1V to ±60V||0-20mA, 4-20mA, 0-5V, 1-5V||Dual relays per input|
|uB30-B/uB40-B||±10mV to ±100mV||0-20mA, 4-20mA, 0-5V, 1-5V||Dual relays per input|
|uB32-B/uB42-B||4-20mA/0-11.17mA DC||0-20mA, 4-20mA, 0-5V, 1-5V||Dual relays per input|
|uB34-B/uB35-B||2/3/4-Wire Pt RTD||0-20mA, 4-20mA, 0-5V, 1-5V||Dual relays per input|
|uB37-B/uB47-B||J/K/T/R/S Thermocouple||0-20mA, 4-20mA, 0-5V, 1-5V||Dual relays per input|
Rugged Transmitter Design
The uBTA universal transmitters are rugged carriers and therefore well-suited for use in harsh industrial environments. For instance, they have high immunity to noise, surges, shock, vibration, and extreme temperatures.
- Wide -40 to 75°C operating range, thus ensuring reliability in a variety of settings
- High voltage isolation between inputs, output, relay contacts, and power
- Installation in hazardous locations is also supported with compliance to CE, ATEX, and UL standards
- High-density installation, given that carriers mount on T-type DIN rails
- All I/O and power ports are transient-protected due to ruggedized circuitry
High Performance Universal Transmitters with Alarm
- Built-in alarms have dual output alarm relays per channel
- High accuracy alarm and transmitter outputs also have custom scalable signal ranges
- MilliVolt, Thermocouple, RTD, Voltage, as well as Current inputs
- Measurability of a wide variety of signal types due to interchangeable input modules
- Space-saving design consequently reduces costs
- Mechanical relays switch 5A at 250V AC, 30V DC
- Easy configuration as a result of Bluetooth wireless technology