Checking VPX Compatibility in 7 Simple Steps - Will Acromag's VPX4810 Work in my System?
With the advent of the multiple new high speed serial bus protocols, the VPX standard is wrought with variations and deviations that complicate compatibility of boards within the system. This guide attempts to simplify this process. Before continuing with this guide, Acromag recommends that you read our White Paper Introduction to VPX. This will familiarize you with the basic flow and terminology in VPX systems.
1. Do you have a 3U system?
2. What type of cooling and what pitch board (thickness) does the chassis support?
3. Does the system provide enough power?
4. Does the processor board (SBC) support PCIe on the data plane? If so how many lanes does it have? Is the processor board VITA-46.4 compliant?
5. Are you using a VPX switch to expand your bus capabilities?
6. Is the backplane VITA 46.9 P2w1-P64s compliant?
7. Map out your Data Plane (PCIe) lanes on your backplane to determine if there is a connection between your processor board and Acromag’s VPX4810 plugin module.