mPCIe-based Rugged I/O Modules
High-density, High-reliability, and High-performance at a Low cost.
Acromag’s new state-of-the-art AcroPack mPCIe-based rugged modules deliver maximum I/O density when used with AcroPack carrier cards for PCIe, XMC or VPX-based systems. Mix-and-match different AcroPack mini-PCIe module types on one carrier for custom applications.
Designed for COTS applications these general purpose I/O modules deliver high-speed and high-resolution A/D and D/A, digital I/O, Ethernet, MIL-STD-1553, serial communication, and re-configurable FPGA functions. Utilizing all solid-state components, these modules consume very little power and are designed to perform in commercial as well as extreme environments from -40 to 85 deg.C for conduction-cooled applications.
- Reconfigurable FPGA modules: Reconfigurable Xilinx FPGA for custom designs
- Analog I/O modules: Perform high-speed and high-resolution A/D & D/A conversion
- Counter/Timer modules: Perform event counting, timing & frequency measurerment functions
- Digital I/O modules: Interface TTL, on/off, hi/lo logic levels
- Ethernet Communication modules: Provides a single port Ethernet capable of speeds up to 1000 Mbps
- MIL-STD-1553 Communication modules: Provides single or full multi-function communication
- Serial Communication modules: Provides an asynchronous serial communication interface
- Carrier Cards: XMC, PCI Express or VPX bus
Acromag provides software support packages for embedded applications running on Linux, Windows, or VxWorks operating systems. These libraries provide generic routines to handle reads, writes, interrupts, and other functions. Demonstration programs enable the developer to quickly exercise the I/O modules before attaching the routines to the application program. This diagnostic tool can save hours of troubleshooting and debugging.
The COTS product line of AcroPack mini PCIe-based modules are ROHS compliant and are ideal for scientific development labs, military and aerospace applications, the defense industry, and automation applications.
AcroPack Advantages and Features
- Mix and match many custom I/O combinations in a single slot
- A/D, D/A, Ethernet, counter/timers, communication (Ethernet, serial, MIL-STD-1553), digital I/O and FPGA functions
- XMC, VPX and PCIe carriers
- Linux™, Windows®, and VxWorks™ support
- Sample software and diagnostics
- Solid Down connector I/O interface (no flimsy ribbon I/O cables) Watch a video demonstrating this.
- -40 to 85°C standard operating temperature
- SWaP-C (70 x 30mm, 0.05oz, < 5 Watts per module, starting at $310)