Acromag is a U.S. high-tech innovative electronics company. Our designs travel through space on their way to the final frontier. Nuclear plants, wastewater treatment plants, and oil production are all safer for neighborhoods and the environment with the help of our reliable signal measurement and control I/O devices. We service the world from our Michigan facility. We are committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture made up of the best and brightest engineers in the business. We care about our employees and offer a comprehensive benefit package.
We are looking for a motivated Human Resources Manager for our HR department.
Human Resources Manager
This position oversees the human resource functions within the company. Emphasis is placed on employee satisfaction, legal compliance, compensation, benefits, performance management, staffing, training and growth, and policy standardization and development. Responsible for coordinating employment activities to maintain effective and satisfied employees. Coordinates the administrative details of employee benefit programs, following standard practices.
- Provide compensation and performance input to Executive decision making in order to achieve corporate goals and employee fulfillment.
- Produce and maintain accurate payroll and payroll related obligations (i.e. reports and taxes) through an outside payroll service.
- Keep abreast of changes in legal, HR, payroll and other related areas.
- Administer and advise leaders regarding legal and regulatory compliance (FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO, OSHA, Safety, etc.)
- Provide a system of support to supervisors related to employee time records, corrective actions, development plans, terminations, etc.
- Recruits and selects new employees, as necessary, plans and conducts new-hire orientations, and ensures proper new-hire orientation and onboarding.
- Participate in developing and delivering training programs to promote continuous improvement.
- Oversee and administer benefits programs, including annual open enrollment.
- Securely maintains all personnel and payroll files in keeping with company and DOL requirements.
- Responds to employee inquiries regarding HR policies, procedures and programs in a consistent and knowledgeable manner.
- Provides feedback and best practice recommendations to management of employee issues and concerns.
- Ensures the safety and wellbeing of employees.
- Interface with other departments to enhance information flow.
- Assist the President in employee-related matters.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 5+ years of work experience preferred; 3-5 years human resource work experience, preferably in manufacturing or professional
- Outward personality and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Strong leadership with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and present information to management, employees, and senior management.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Personable and a team player.
- Able to work with people and understand their needs quickly.
- Able to timely create, analyze, report and model HR data through an efficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Power-point).
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Good typing (i.e. 40+ wpm) and grammar skills.
- Must write legibly.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Maximum weight to be handled is 30 pounds.
- Most of the work is to be performed in a sitting position. The ability to remain sitting for up to 8 hours at a time if necessary.
- May occasionally perform duties in a standing, kneeling or squatting position.
- May be required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary, and the ability to adjust focus for use of a computer monitor.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour workweek, with overtime dependent on department needs.
- May be expected to visit the production floor, where the noise level is moderate to high, with suitable lighting, and with a mild chemical odor and fumes.
Anything so delegated by management.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
30765 S. Wixom Rd.
Wixom, Michigan 48393-2417
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer.