Acromag is a U.S. high-tech innovative electronics company. Our designs travel through space on their way to the final frontier. Nuclear plants, wastewater treatment plants, and oil production are all safer for neighborhoods and the environment with the help of our reliable signal measurement and control I/O devices. We service the world from our Michigan facility. We are committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture made up of the best and brightest engineers in the business. We care about our employees and offer a comprehensive benefit package.
We are looking for a motivated Buyer for our engineering department. You will work with a team of talented and motivated engineering professionals, and gain wide-range experience in a dynamic electronics company.
The Buyers objective is to effectively purchase quality products at the most effective price and delivery to ensure on time manufacturing and delivery to our customers.
- Performs various duties related to purchasing;
- Procure goods and services.
- Keeping order files and order register, up-to-date.
- Checking materials received against purchase orders.
- Checking overdue items on schedules, and contacting vendors regarding delayed deliveries.
- May type purchase orders and perform various clerical assignments required by purchasing agent.
- Help with the clean-up of the part master; setting min/multi/max quantities and approved vendors.
- Establish and maintain procedures for surface mount components to be purchased on appropriate media (i.e. reels/tubes/trays).
- Identify single source items to avoid part shortages.
- Expedite/Move Out orders as needed.
- Prepare product documentation for alternate manufacturing locations.
- Develop relations with vendors.
- Find additional approved vendors to eliminate single source purchases and improve competitive pricing/purchasing.
- Learn all areas of the purchasing cycle and item logistics.
- Support line operations and collaborate with department managers, engineers or staff.
- All special projects assigned by the purchasing agent and/or president.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree and 3+ years of experience.
- Working knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong problem-solving skills and efficient management of time and resources.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Personable and a team player.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work with people and understand their needs quickly.
- Good typing (i.e. 40+ wpm) and grammar skills.
- Must write legibly.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Maximum weight to be handled is 50 pounds.
- The majority of the work is to be performed in a sitting position. The ability to remain sitting for up to 8 hours at a time if necessary.
- May occasionally perform duties in a standing, kneeling or squatting, position, and occasionally use a stair climber.
- May be required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary, and the ability to adjust focus for use of a computer monitor.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour workweek, with overtime dependent on department needs.
- May be expected to visit the production floor, where the noise level is moderate to high noise level, with suitable lighting, and with a mild chemical odor and fumes.
Anything so delegated by management.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
30765 S. Wixom Rd.
Wixom, Michigan 48393-2417
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer.