To download the full newsletter in a printable format please click on the title above.
This month we discuss easy solutions to pre-process signals for a variety of instrumentation functions. Acromag's IntelliPack transmitters, alarms, and math modules are easily configured for integrator, totalizer, characterizer, comparator, and limit monitoring applications.
To discuss your application with our team of experienced I/O experts or get a quote, call us at 877-295-7035 or email us at email@example.com.
Intelligent Signal Conditioners Simplify Temperature, Flow, Level, and Alarm Computation Tasks Without Any Programming
Have you ever wished a transmitter or limit alarm had a little more intelligence so you didn't need to burden your PC, PLC, or DCS with additional signal processing calculations? If so, you should consider Acromag's IntelliPack Signal Conditioners with a configurable internal microcontroller. IntelliPacks can independently apply mathematical and analytical functions to inputs for pre-processed outputs.
IntelliPacks are software-configured via USB or a serial port using easy setup screens. No programming is required. Just select the desired settings from a list or enter your application values to define linearization curves, sample rates, and relay trip points. You can enter equations as in a spreadsheet formula to calculate output based on arithmetic, logarithmic, exponential, conditional, and other relationships. Software simulation lets you test equations offline for output response to varied conditions.
Here is a sampling of functions IntelliPacks can perform:
• Scaling and totaling multiple 4-20mA flow sensor signals
• Converting a level signal to a proportional volume signal
• Transmit a signal representing the average or ratio of two flow lines
• Apply a transfer function where output is defined by an equation or curve
• Control relays with window/band-pass, deviation, and rate-of-change limits
• Detect peak and valley signal values and hold an alarm state
• Output a pulse signal to calculate flow, volume, weight, or power
• Apply pulse-width modulation or hold the output value from a critical event
For more information, download the following capability overviews.
New Acromag Distributor in France
Acromag is excited to announce that our world wide distribution channel in France is expanding with the addition of ADM21. You can reach ADM21 at +33 (0)1 46 52 01 03 or visit their website for more information.