Math Computation Modules
Math Computation modules are signal conditioning instruments that perform a wide variety of advanced transfer functions on sensor inputs and process current or voltage signals. The processed output signal is available as a scaled DC voltage/current output or frequency/pulse-width modulated output. Typical applications include calculating a sum, delta, average, flow rate, volume, weight, power, and other scaled or computed variables.
The math/computation equations are entered into configuration software in a freeform format, the same as in most popular spreadsheet programs. A simulator screen provides instant feedback to test equations and see the output response before actual installation.
- Add, subtract, multiply, divide
- Square root, exponential (en) and power (Xn)
- Logarithmic (natural and base 10)
- Sine, cosine, tangent, and inverse
- Absolute value
- Conditional arguments and Boolean logic (if, then, else, and, or, >, <, , =,<=,/>=)
- Input scaling
- High/low signal selector or discriminator
- Track and hold
Process Automation Products Overview Video