XMC High-Performance FPGA, XMC Ethernet, and XMC Carrier Cards
The XMC board is the same size as the PMC board. However, XMC utilizes the PCIe bus that is native on many CPU boards and eliminates the need for a PCIe to PCI bridge chip. Combined with the selection of x1, x4, x8 or x16 serial lines, XMC enables the board designer to achieve higher bandwidth.
Some military designers prefer the Serial RapidIO (SRIO) bus instead of PCIe. SRIO is commonly used in high bandwidth, low latency applications to connect clustering networks of peer to peer embedded processors. Its topology allows for functional partitioning into field replaceable units and is also well suited for hot-swap applications.
XMC modules will continue to deliver high performance and savings in mature, well-characterized systems that depend on accurate, reliable data input such as defense, aerospace, and scientific applications. Both PMC and XMC are particularly well suited to durable operation in harsh environments, including situations that see extended temperature ranges and exposure to extreme weather conditions. As other promising standards come and go, PMC and XMC standards provide a stable proven platform where the challenges are better understood, product life-cycles are longer, and budgets are tighter. PMC and XMC I/O modules will continue to provide dependable results from a wide selection of Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) options at reasonable prices.
- XMC FPGA ModulesFPGA Modules for XMC Systems Acromag’s high-performance XMC FPGA modules feature a user-customizable Artix®-7, Xilinx® Kintex-7, Virtex-6, Virtex-5 or Spartan-6 FPGA...Read More
- I/O Extension Modules for FPGA BoardsFPGA I/O Extension Modules AXM Series extension modules offer analog and digital I/O options for Acromag PMC or XMC FPGA modules. These extension modules plug into the fr...Read More
- XMC NetworkingHigh-performance 1/10-Gigabit Ethernet interface solutions for real-time and COTS data streaming applications. XMC modules provide a rugged, embedded computing platform for ...Read More
- XMC Multi-Function I/OXMC mezzanine modules for VPX and PCIe bus computer systems. These high-density modules perform both high-speed and high resolution A/D and D/A conversion and also handle digita...Read More
- XMC Carrier CardThis board interfaces two AcroPack mezzanine modules to a PCI Express bus on an air-cooled XMC carrier. Two AcroPack module slots give you the freedom to mix a variety of I...Read More
- Software SupportFor faster development, Acromag offers an FPGA engineering design kit and a variety of function libraries for Windows, Linux, VxWorks, and other operating systems. This page has...Read More
- XMC AccessoriesTermination Products Acromag provides a broad selection of hardware accessories to simplify the use of our I/O boards. This collection of panels, cables, and adapters facil...Read More