895M / 896M
Math Computation Module, DC or Dual DC Input, Frequency/Pulse Output
- 0 to 20mA DC, 0 to 10V DC (selectable ranges), 896M 2 channels input
- 0 to 10KHz, 0 to 36,000 counts/hr Frequency output, 896M 2 channels
- Solid-state relay (60V DC @ 500mA) control ouput
- 10-36V DC power
- Software configured, ideal for integrator/totalizer applications, computes arithmetic operations, conditional arguments, track & hold functions
IntelliPack math modules perform complex mathematical computations and convert DC input signals to scaled DC or frequency outputs. They are ideal for isolating and interfacing analog signals to a PLC or controller as a voltage, current, or a pulsed input. Typical applications include calculating a sum, delta’s, average, flow rate, volume, weight, power, and other scaled or computed variables.more >
Math modules are available with either DC voltage/current output or frequency/pulse-width modulated output. Each output (DC, frequency, and relay channels) is controlled by a unique, userdefined equation.
The math/computation equations are entered into the IntelliPack configuration software in a freeform format, the same as in most popular spreadsheet programs. A simulator screen provides instant feedback to test equations and see the output response before actual installation.
Analog to Digital Converter (ADC): 16-bit S-D A/D converter.
Input Accuracy: Better than ±0.05% of input span.
Input Zero Dropout Threshold: 0 to 10% of input span, user-defined.
Ambient Temperature Effect: Better than ±0.005% of input span per °C or ±1μV, whichever is greater.
Normal Mode: Better than 40dB @ 60Hz.
Common Mode: Better than 100dB @ 60Hz.
Input Overvoltage Protection: Bipolar Transient Voltage Suppressors (TVS).
Input Scaling: Input signal endpoints are scaled using IntelliPack
Configuration Software.: Response Time (for input step change) 70mS typical to 98% of final output value.
DC Current Inputs
DC Current Input Ranges: 0 to 1mA, 0 to 20mA, 4 to 20mA DC.
DC Current Input Impedance: 49.9 ohms.
DC Voltage Inputs
DC Voltage Input Ranges: 0 to 5V, 0 to 10V DC.
DC Voltage Input impedance: Greater than 500K ohms.
Output Type: Open -drain MOSFETs, 60V DC @ 1A DC. On resistance: 0.2 ohms.
Frequency Range: 0 to 10KHz (100% scalable) or 0 to 36,000 counts per hour (CPH).
Output Scaling: Output signal endpoints are scaled using IntelliPack Configuration Software. Output frequency is limited from a minimum span of 0-10Hz to a maximum span of 0-10KHz or from 0-10CPH to 0-36000 CPH.
Output Pullups: 470 ohms to 5V via pullup terminals. 60V DC with external pullup resistor.
Output Duty Cycle: User-defined on-time from 0 to 100% of frequency range.
Relay Control Outputs
Solid-State Relay: Form A normally-open switch.
Maximum current: 500mA DC.
Maximum off-state voltage: 60V DC.
Maximum on-state resistance: 0.7 ohms.
Operating: -25 to 70°C (-13 to 158°F).
Storage: -40 to 85°C (-40 to 185°F).
Relative Humidity: 5 to 95%.
Power Requirements: 10 to 36V DC. 55mA @ 24V.
Isolation (optical): 4-way (input/output/relays/power). Input circuits share a common. 1500V AC peak or 250V AC (354V DC) continuous.
Radiated Field Immunity (RFI): EN61000-4-3, EN50082-1.
Electromagnetic Field Immunity (EMI): Less than ±0.25% of output span effect under the influence of electromagnetic fields from switching solenoids, commutator motors, and drill motors.
Electrical Fast Transient (EFT): EN61000-4-4, EN50082-1.
Surge Withstanding Capability (SWC): EN61000-4-5, EN50082-1.
Electrostatic Discharge (ESD): EN61000-4-2, EN50082-1.
Radiated Emissions: EN50081-1 for Class B equipment.
Approvals: UL listed (USA, Canada). UL3121 - general product safety.
Software Configuration: Units are fully programmable via the Windows XP/Vista/7 IntelliPack Configuration Program. Configuration downloads from PC through EIA232 serial port using Acromag 800C-SIP kit.
LED Indicators: LEDs indicate power, status, and relay.
Enclosure Case: Self-extinguishing NYLON type 6.6 polyamide thermoplastic UL94 V-2 NEMA Type 1 enclosure.
Connectors (Removable Terminal Blocks) Wire Range: AWG #14-24.
Printed Circuit Boards: Military grade FR-4 epoxy glass circuit board.
Dimensions: 1.05W x 4.68H x 4.35D inches. 26.7W x 118.9H x 110.5D millimeters.
Shipping Weight: 1 pound (0.45 Kg) packed.
Features & Benefits
- Universal DC analog I/O ranges provide flexibility for changing application requirements.
- Individual channel input/output scaling displays signal values in engineering units.
- Track and hold function enables easy identification of critical events and their corresponding signal values.
- 200-character equation fields (50-char. max. on 895/896M) support complex transfer functions.
- Software simulation feature allows off-line testing of equations to quickly check output signal response for a variety of conditions.
- Diagnostic LEDs provide quick, visual indication of an out-of-range input value.
- Pulse-width modulation capability allows the user to vary the output signal’s pulse width on a user-defined carrier frequency.
- Solid-state relays provide on/off control or local alarms with failsafe/ nonfailsafe capability.