892M / 894M
Math Computation Module, Dual or Quad DC Input, DC Voltage/Current Output
• 2 or 4 input channels, 0 to 20mA DC, 0 to 10V DC (selectable ranges)
• 0 to 20mA DC, 0 to 10V DC (selectable ranges) output
• 10-36V DC power
• Software configured, computes arithmetic operations, evaluates conditional and Boolean arguments, executes track & hold functionsmore >
IntelliPack math modules perform complex mathematical computations and convert DC input signals to scaled DC or frequency outputs. They are ideal for isolating and interfacing analog signals to a PLC or controller as a voltage, current, or a pulsed input. Typical applications include calculating a sum, delta’s, average, flow rate, volume, weight, power, and other scaled or computed variables.
Math modules are available with either DC voltage/current output or frequency/pulse-width modulated output. Each output (DC, frequency, and relay channels) is controlled by a unique, userdefined equation.
The math/computation equations are entered into the IntelliPack configuration software in a freeform format, the same as in most popular spreadsheet programs. A simulator screen provides instant feedback to test equations and see the output response before actual installation.
Features & Benefits
• Universal DC analog I/O ranges provide flexi-bility for changing application requirements.
• Individual channel input/output scaling displays signal values in engineering units.
• Track and hold function enables easy identification of critical events and their corresponding signal values.
• 200-character equation fields (50-char. max. on 895/896M) support complex transfer functions.
• Software simulation feature allows off-line testing of equations to quickly check output signal response for a variety of conditions.
• Diagnostic LEDs provide quick, visual indication of an out-of-range input value.
• Pulse-width modulation capability allows the user to vary the output signal’s pulse width on a user-defined carrier frequency.
• Solid-state relays provide on/off control or local alarms with failsafe/ nonfailsafe capability.
• Windows XP/Vista®/7
• Operating temperature range: -25 to 70°C (-13 to 158°F).
All IntelliPacks require inital software configuration (order 800C-SIP).