892M / 894M
Math Computation Module, Dual or Quad DC Input, DC Voltage/Current Output
- 2 or 4 input channels, 0 to 20mA DC, 0 to 10V DC (selectable ranges)
- 0 to 20mA DC, 0 to 10V DC (selectable ranges) output
- 10-36V DC power
- Software configured, computes arithmetic operations, evaluates conditional and Boolean arguments, executes track & hold functions
IntelliPack math modules perform complex mathematical computations and convert DC input signals to scaled DC or frequency outputs. They are ideal for isolating and interfacing analog signals to a PLC or controller as a voltage, current, or a pulsed input. Typical applications include calculating a sum, delta’s, average, flow rate, volume, weight, power, and other scaled or computed variables.
Math modules are available with either DC voltage/current output or frequency/pulse-width modulated output. Each output (DC, frequency, and relay channels) is controlled by a unique, userdefined equation.
The math/computation equations are entered into the IntelliPack configuration software in a freeform format, the same as in most popular spreadsheet programs. A simulator screen provides instant feedback to test equations and see the output response before actual installation.
Analog to Digital Converter (ADC): 16-bit Σ−Δ A/D converter.
Ambient Temperature Effect: Better than ±0.005% of input span per °C or ±1μV, whichever is greater.
Normal Mode: 40dB @ 60Hz, 100 ohm unbalance.
Common Mode: 100dB @ 60Hz, .100 ohm unbalance. (49.9 ohm unbalance for process current inputs).
Response Time (for input step change): 800mS typical to 98% of final output value.
Input Overvoltage Protection: Bipolar Transient Voltage Suppressors (TVS).
DC Current Input
DC Current Input Ranges
|0 to 1mA DC||0.0370%|
|0 to 20mA DC||0.0025%|
|4 to 20mA DC||0.0025%|
DC Current Input Impedance: 49.9 ohms.
DC Current Input Accuracy: Better than 0.05% of input span, typical. Better than 0.3% of input span typ. for 0-1mA range.
DC Voltage Input
DC Voltage Input Ranges
|0 to 5V DC||0.0030%|
|0 to 10V DC||0.0025%|
Input impedance: Greater than 500K ohms.
DC Voltage Input Accuracy: Better than 0.05% of input span, typical.
Output (DC V/mA)
D/A Converter: 16-bit Σ−Δ.
Ranges: 0-1mA, 0-20mA, 4-20mA.
Compliance: 10V minimum (500Ω load).
Accuracy: 0.025% of span (0-1mA: 0.3% of span).
Ranges: 0-5V, 0-10V.
Compliance: 10mA maximum with short circuit protection. 1 ohm output impedance.
Accuracy: 0.025% of span.
Accuracy (overall input to output): Better than 0.075% of span, typical. Better than 0.5% of span for 0-1mA, typical
Operating: -25 to 70°C (-13 to 158°F).
Storage: -40 to 85°C (-40 to 185°F).
Relative Humidity: 5 to 95%.
Power Requirements: 10 to 36V DC. 120mA @ 24V. 200mA @ 15V.
Isolation (optical): 3-way (input/output/power). Input circuits share a common. 1500V AC peak or 250V AC (354V DC) continuous.
Radiated Field Immunity (RFI): EN61000-4-3, EN50082-1.
Electromagnetic Field Immunity (EMI): Less than ±0.25% of output span effect under the influence of electromagnetic fields from switching solenoids, commutator motors, and drill motors.
Electrical Fast Transient (EFT): EN61000-4-4, EN50082-1.
Surge Withstanding Capability (SWC): EN61000-4-5, EN50082-1.
Electrostatic Discharge (ESD): EN61000-4-2, EN50082-1.
Radiated Emissions: EN50081-1 for Class B equipment.
Approvals: UL listed, cUL listed, Hazardous Loc.: Class I; Division 2; Groups A, B, C, D.
Software Configuration: Units are fully programmable via the Windows XP/Vista/7 IntelliPack Configuration Program. Configuration downloads from PC through EIA232 serial port using Acromag 800C-SIP kit.
LED Indicators: LEDs indicate power and status.
Enclosure Case: Self-extinguishing NYLON type 6.6 polyamide thermoplastic UL94 V-2 NEMA Type 1 enclosure.
Connectors (Removable Terminal Blocks) Wire Range: AWG #14-22 (AWG #12 stranded only).
Printed Circuit Boards: Military grade FR-4 epoxy glass circuit board.
Dimensions: 1.05W x 4.68H x 4.35D inches. 26.7W x 118.9H x 110.5D millimeters.
Shipping Weight: 1 pound (0.45 Kg) packed.
Features & Benefits
- Universal DC analog I/O ranges provide flexi-bility for changing application requirements.
- Individual channel input/output scaling displays signal values in engineering units.
- Track and hold function enables easy identification of critical events and their corresponding signal values.
- 200-character equation fields (50-char. max. on 895/896M) support complex transfer functions.
- Software simulation feature allows off-line testing of equations to quickly check output signal response for a variety of conditions.
- Diagnostic LEDs provide quick, visual indication of an out-of-range input value.
- Pulse-width modulation capability allows the user to vary the output signal’s pulse width on a user-defined carrier frequency.
- Solid-state relays provide on/off control or local alarms with failsafe/ nonfailsafe capability.