655T / 656T
Transmitter, Single or Dual Channel, Thermocouple/Millivolt Input, Loop-Powered
• TC (types J, K T, R, S, E, B, N), ±1V DC, selectable range/type input
• 4 to 20mA DC output
• 12-50V DC from output loop power
• DIP-switch configuration, signal linearizer, push-button calibrationmore >
These units accept universal thermocouple and millivolt input signals, provide isolation, and output proportional DC current signals. The output can also be linearized to the input sensor signal. Single-channel units are ideal for panel shops and end-users who require a high-density signal conditioner that can cover a broad range of temperature measurement applications.
Configuration is fast and easy. First, you select the input type with a simple DIP switch. Then, you set your zero/full-scale output values using a toggle switch on the front panel to increase or decrease the signal until you read the desired output value on your voltmeter. The toggles make it easy to calibrate a normal (proportional) or reverse-acting (inverse) response in seconds. After setting the desired calibration, just press the mode/set toggle and your configuration settings are safely saved to nonvolatile memory.
Both models provide high-voltage input isolation (output and power circuits share a common). On dual channel units, each channel operates independently, with inputs isolated from each other, to prevent interaction between channels.
UL, cUL listed
Class I; Division 2; Groups A, B, C, D
Features & Benefits
• Selectable thermocouple input types offer flexibility to fit many applications.
• DIP switch-configuration and self-ranging technologies speed installation without pots, jumpers, or software.
• Linearizer function provides an output that is linear to the temperature or millivolt signal.
• Isolation eliminates ground loops, reduces noise, and blocks transient signals.
• Toggle-switch calibration simplifies field adjustments for faster and easier maintenance.
• Configuration lockout safety feature prevents tampering and accidental changes.
• Reverse-acting output capability enables inverse proportional control signals.
• Dual channel model saves space and reduces equipment costs.
• CJC control only requires a millivolt source to calibrate modules
• High-resolution sigma-delta A/D converters deliver superior accuracy for reliable measurements.
• Operating temperature range: -25 to 75°C (-13 to 167°F).