Transmitter, Dual DC Voltage Input, Loop-Powered
• 2 channels, ±625mV, 0-10V DC (selectable ranges) input
• 4 to 20mA DC output
• 12-50V DC power from output loop
• Dual-channel transmitter with push-button calibrationmore >
These units accept DC voltage input signals, provide isolation, and output proportional DC current signals. With two independent I/O channels in a slim package, the 654T is ideal for panel shops and end-users who require a high-density signal conditioner that can cover a broad range of measurement applications.
Configuration is fast and easy. First, you select the input range for each channel with simple DIP switches. Then, you set your zero/full-scale output values using the noninteractive increase/decrease toggle switches on the front panel to modify the output signal until the desired output value is read on your voltmeter. The switches make it easy to calibrate a normal (proportional) or reverse-acting (inverse) response in seconds. After setting the desired calibration, you can engage the safety lockout feature on the DIP switch to prevent accidental changes and unauthorized tampering.
The 654T provides two independent high-voltage input isolation circuits. Loss of power or a failure on one channel has no effect on the other. The second channel can be used as a built-in spare for reduced downtime should the first channel fail. The spare channel becomes operational by simply moving the wired terminal block over to the vacant channel.
Bipolar: ±78mV to ±625mV (selectable ranges)
Unipolar: 0–1.25 to 0–10V DC (selectable ranges)
12 to 50V DC (loop-powered)
UL, cUL listed
Class I; Division 2; Groups A, B, C, D.
Features & Benefits
• DIP switch-configuration simplifies installation without analog pots, jumpers, or software.
• Isolation eliminates ground loops, reduces noise, and blocks transient signals.
• One-step calibration with increase/decrease toggle switches simplifies field adjustments for faster and easier maintenance.
• Automatic self-calibration compensates for temperature effects and component aging to deliver maintenance-free operation.
• Configuration lockout safety feature helps prevent tampering and accidental calibration changes.
• Reverse-acting output capability enables inverse proportional control signals.
• Dual channel model saves space and reduces equipment costs.
• High-resolution 16-bit sigma-delta A/D converters deliver superior accuracy for more reliable measurements.
• Built-in transient voltage suppressors protect circuitry from electrical interference.
• Operating temperature range: -25 to 75°C (-13 to 167°C)