913MB / 914MB
DC Current/Voltage Modbus-RTU
Input Module with Limit Alarms
913MB: 4 current input channels
914MB: 4 voltage input channels
• 4 input channels
• 0 to 20mA DC (0 to 20A AC with AC sensor) or ±10V DC input rangemore >
• 4 alarm channels, open drain MOSFETS (1A DC loads, 0 to 35V DC)
• 10 to 36V DC, 24V AC power
• Modbus RTU high-speed RS-485
This signal conditioner is a four-channel analog input module with four discrete outputs. It provides isolation between input, output, power, and network circuits. Network communication adheres to the industry-standard RS-485Modbus RTU protocol. AC and DC power sources are supported with nonpolarized, diode-coupled terminals.
The inputs accommodate wide DC voltage or current ranges. Flexible discrete outputs operate as alarms or on/off controllers. As limit alarms, each discrete output can be configured with high and/or low setpoints exclusively tied to an analog input channel.
Alarm trips function without host communication enabling low-cost stand-alone alarms, as well as local backup for the primary control system. Otherwise, on/off control is based on commands issued by the host system.
Combining flexible transmitter functions, mixed signal I/O, alarm support, and a network interface in a single package, makes this instrument extremely powerful. Multi-channel design adds cost-efficiency and allows high-density mounting.
Plus, safe, rugged construction makes these modules reliable for use in both control room and distributed field I/O applications. Custom module configurations are also possible (consult factory for details).
Features & Benefits
• Standard Modbus RTU protocol with high-speed RS-485 communication (up to 115K bps)
• 16-bit sigma-delta A/D yields 0.1% of range resolution and accuracy
• Four inputs in a single inch-wide module reduces system costs and saves panel space
• Four discrete outputs enable local limit alarms or host-controlled on/off switching
• Heavy-duty 1A solid-state relays provide dependable on/off control of industrial devices
• Self-calibration lowers maintenance costs by reducing periodic manual calibration checks
• Watchdog timers provide a configurable failsafe output state for use when host I/O communication is lost
• Four-way isolation eliminates potential ground loops between power, input, output, and network circuitry
• Self-diagnostics monitor microcontroller activity to detect operational failures (lock-up) and execute a reset to restore communication
• Operating temperature: -25°C to +70°C (-13°F to +158°F).