951EN / 952EN
6-Channel Analog and Discrete Ethernet I/O Modules
• Analog and Discrete I/O with i2o Option
• DC Current/Voltage or Discrete Input
• DC Current or Discrete Output
• 15 to 36V DC Power
• EtherNet/IP® or Ethernet Modbus TCP/IP 10/100Mbps network, i2o input-to-output capability
These modules provide an isolated Ethernet network interface for analog and discrete I/O signals. Multi-range analog inputs and outputs support a wide variety of industrial devices. High-resolution, low noise, A/D and D/A converters deliver high accuracy and reliability. 3-way isolation further improves system performance.
The discrete I/O provides monitoring and control of on/off, high/low, or open/close industrial devices. Tandem I/O provides output level control and status verification in one unit.
The i2o function lets inputs on one module write directly to outputs on another module.
Analog Input Ranges
DC Current (user-selectable ranges): 0 to 1mA, 0 to 11mA, 0 to 20mA, 4 to 20mA; 0 to 20 amps AC (with optional AC sensor)
DC Voltage (user-selectable ranges): ±1V, ±5V, ±10V DC
Analog Output Ranges
DC Current (user-selectable ranges): 0 to 1mA, 0 to 20mA, or 4 to 20mA
Discrete I/O Range: 0 to 35V DC active-high inputs; Current sourcing (high-side switched) outputs
Network Communication: EtherNet/IP or Modbus TCP/IP 10/100 network
Power Requirement: 15 to 36V DC supply (3.3 Watts) required
Approvals: CE/ATEX marked. UL, cUL listed, Class I; Div. 2; Groups A, B, C, D. EtherNet/IP, Modbus/TCP conformance tested.
Configuration: Four input channels. Input range is selectable as a 4-channel group.
Accuracy: Better than ±0.05% of span (0.1% for 0-1mA range), typical. Accuracy near or below 0mA or 0V is degraded if input COM shares AO/DIO RTNs.
Analog to Digital Converter (A/D): 16-bit Σ-Δ converter. Resolution: 0.005% or 1 part in 20000.
Noise Rejection: Normal Mode Better than 40dB @ 60Hz. Common Mode Better than 140dB @ 60Hz.
Input Conversion Rate: Less than 50mS per channel.
Input Impedance: DC current input (951EN), 49.9 ohms. DC voltage input (952EN), Greater than 110.5K ohms.
Configuration: Two output channels. Individually selectable ranges.
Accuracy: Better than ±0.05% of span (0.1% for 0-1mA range), typical.
Digital to Analog Converter (D/A): 16-bit converter.
Current Output Compliance: 12V minimum, 13V typical.
Current Output Load Resistance Range: 0 to 625 ohms, typical.
Input Type: Six independent, active-high, buffered inputs with a common connection. Built-in 5.6K ohm pull-down resistors socketed for 3-channel groups.
Input Signal Voltage Range: 0 to 35V DC, maximum.
Input Impedance: 100K ohms, typical.
Input Signal Threshold: TTL compatible with 100mV of hysteresis, typical.
Output Type: Six independent, open-source, MOSFET switches.
Output Voltage and ON Resistance: Up to 35V DC max. (0 to 330mA/ch continuous). 0.15 ohms maximum ON resistance.
Ambient Operating Temperature: -25 to 70°C (-13 to 158°F).
Ambient Storage Temperature: -40 to 85°C (-40 to 185°F).
Ambient Relative Humidity: 5 to 95%, non-condensing.
Isolation: 1500V AC for 60 seconds or 250V AC continuous. 3-way isolation between I/O, network, and power.
Features & Benefits
- Configurable from standard web browser
- EtherNet/IP or Ethernet Modbus TCP/IP communication with automatic 10/100Mbps negotiation
- i2o function enables direct input-to-output communication without a network controller
- Multi-function, multi-channel stand-alone module is very economical
- High-resolution 16-bit sigma delta A/D and D/A converters ensure precise measurements
- 0-35V DC solid-state logic interface can monitor or control a wide variety of devices
- Discrete I/O channels are individually configurable as inputs or outputs in any combination
- Bi-directional discrete I/O facilitates read-backmonitoring of the output state
- Built-in 5.6K ohm pull-down SIP resistors (socketed)
- Selectable failsafe modes (0%, off, last-state,or pre-defined) help prevent unsafe conditions
- Compact packaging with pluggable terminalssaves space and simplifies wiring
- Wide operational temperature range permits installation in extreme environments: -25°C to +70°C (-13° to +158°F)
- Approvals: CE/ATEX marked; UL, cUL listed, Class 1 Div 2 Groups A, B, C, D; EtherNet/IP, Modbus/TCP conformance tested.