Serial Communication, 422/485 Octal
• 8 asynchronous full duplex EIA/TIA-422B serial ports (supports EIA-485)
• 64-byte FIFO buffers
• Interrupt support
• Programmable baud rate (up to 1.8432Mbps)more >
These modules provide eight asynchronous serial communication ports from a single PMC Socket. Software-configuration helps you quickly set baud rates, character-sizes, stop bits, and parity.
For more efficient data processing, each serial port is equipped with 64-character FIFO buffers on the transmit and receive lines.
The data ports generate individually controlled transmit, receive, line status, data set, and flow control interrupts. A global interrupt source register provides interrupt status indication for all eight channels to speed up interrrupt parsing.
Features & Benefits
• Eight asynchronous, full duplex EIA/TIA-422B serial ports (supports EIA-485)
• 64-byte transmit FIFO buffers
• 64-byte receive FIFO buffers
• Programmable baud rate (up to 1.8432Mbps)
• Line-break and false start-bit detection
• Failsafe receivers
• Socketed termination and bias resistors
• Industry-standard software-compatible 16C550 configuration registers
• 0 to 70°C (PMC521-64) or -40 to 85°C (PMC521-64E)