Frequency Input Module with Excitation Supply
• Field Input: 0-50kHz frequency ranges
• Host Output: 0-5V or ±5V ranges
The uB45 model conditions and converts a frequency field input signal to a scaled 0-5V or ±5V output. It includes a 5V excitation at the input for interface pull-up when using sensors such as magnetic pickups or contact closures. Bipolar (zero-crossing) and unipolar (digital/TTL) signals are supported.more >
Acromag’s microBlox™ uB Series I/O modules offer a compact, high-performance solution for interfacing sensors and field devices with data acquisition systems. uB signal conditioning modules are ideal to isolate, filter, convert and amplify a wide variety of signal types for test, measurement and control systems. Just plug uB modules into 4, 8, or 16-channel backpanels in any mix for a high-density analog I/O interface. Channel-to-channel isolation provides optimal noise and surge protection from ground loops, spikes, and high common mode voltages.
Bluetooth® wireless technology versions enable configuration using a smart phone or tablet. Acromag’s AgilityTM app, available for AndroidTM and iOS® mobile devices, helps you vary input/ output ranges and scaling to your specific application. The Agility app can also set an alarm output function with a setpoint limit and deadband. Other app functions include polling inputs, trending values in a sharable chart, updating calibration, and diagnostic troubleshooting.
For cost-sensitive projects, a commercial-grade version is available (-CG models). These units offer similar performance, but over a limited temperature range and lack hazloc approvals.
Backpanels provide power, I/O wiring terminals, and host access to an industry-standard analog signal bus. Modules are hot-swappable without screws. Data acquisition boards can access all host I/O signals on the DB25 bus connector.
Agility™ Config Tool is available for free.
Features & Benefits
• Wide variety of input and output ranges
• Mixes with different I/O types on compact 4, 8, or 16 channel backpanels
• Select fixed I/O range models or Bluetooth wireless technology user-configurable models
• Cost-saving commercial-grade versions available for less demanding applications
• Android® and iOS® apps simplify wireless configuration with a smartphone or tablet
• Mobile app configures I/O ranges, sets scaling, calibrates and performs diagnostics
• Optional alarm function with setpoint and deadband control driving 0/5V host output
• Poll and trend I/O values to sharable charts
• High accuracy, noise immunity, and stability
• Isolated field-to-host and channel-to-channel (1500Vac peak, 250Vac/354Vdc continuous)
• Over-molded I/O circuits offer superior shock, vibration, moisture, and dust protection.
• Wide operating temperature range
• UL/cUL Class I, Div 2, ABCD and ATEX Zone 2 hazardous location approvals
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Acromag is under license other trademarks are property of their respective owners.