APCe7012: PCI Express Carrier Card for AcroPack® Modules
• One AcroPack or mini-PCIe mezzanine module slot
• Low-profile PCIe carrier card
This board interfaces one AcroPack mezzanine module to a PCI Express bus on a PC-based computer system.
Select I/O modules from Acromag’s offering or use most third-party mPCIe compliant modules.
The AcroPack® product line updates our popular Industry Pack I/O modules with a PCIe interface format. This tech-refresh design offers a compact size, low-cost I/O, the same functionality and memory map of the existing Industry Pack modules.
PCI Express Bus Compliance: This device meets or exceeds all written PCI Express specifications per revision 2.1. The host port consists of one PCIe lane, each of the
mini-PCIe sites have one lane each.
P1 (PCIe Bus): PCIe V2.1.
J3 (Carrier Field I/O): 68-pin, CHAMP (TE Connectivity 5796055-1).
P2,(AcroPack Field I/O): 100-pin socket (Samtec SS5-50-3.00-L-D-K-RT).
J1, (Mini-PCIe): 52-pin socket (TE Connectivity 1759547-1).
P3 (JTAG): 14-pin header (Molex 87832-1420).
Gold plating in the connection area, M2.5 screws and spacers provide excellent connection integrity and stability for harsh environments.
Ease of Use: A standard 14-pin Xilinx JTAG programming header is provided for programming and debugging the FPGA on some AcroPack modules.
PCIe x1 low-profile
Length: 6.3 inches (160 mm).
Height: 2.711 inches (68.86 mm).
Includes standard and low-profile brackets.
Operating temperature: -40 to +85°C
Storage temperature: -55 to +125°C.
Relative humidity: 5 to 95% non-condensing.
+3.3 Volts (±10%): 0.55mA typical
+12 Volts (±5%): 25mA Typical
The APCe7012E-LF has DC/DC converters to provide the power supply voltages to the AcroPack modules that are not present at the host interface. The +1.5 Volt supply is sourced from the +3.3 Volt host power. The +5 Volt and -12 Volt supply is sourced from +12 Volt host power.
Features & Benefits
• One AcroPack or mini-PCIe module slot
• PCI Express compliant
• Plug-and-play carrier configuration and interrupt support
• Fused +1.5V, +3.3V, +5V, +12V, and -12V DC power is provided. A fuse is present on each supply line serving each AcroPack module.
• Front panel 68-pin CHAMP 0.8mm connectors for field I/O signals
• Optional isolated power supplies. Support for AcroPacks requiring ±12 Volt isolated power
• Extended temperature range
• DIP switch card identification
• Standard 14-pin Xilinx JTAG programming header
• Software development tools for VxWorks®, Linux®, and Windows® environments