APCe7010: PCI Express Carrier Card for AcroPack® Modules
• One AcroPack or mini-PCIe mezzanine module slot
• Non-Intelligent carrier card
• PCIe x4 interface
This board interfaces one AcroPack mezzanine module to a PCI Express bus on a PC-based computer system.
Select I/O modules from Acromag’s offering or use most third-party mPCIe compliant modules.
A unique carrier and site number can be set for each AcroPack site by a DIP switch. This provides the capability to distinguish a particular AcroPack module from others when multiple instances of the same module are used in a system.
A standard 14-pin Xilinx JTAG programming header is provided for programming and debugging the FPGA on some AcroPack modules. The JTAG ports of the two AcroPack modules are daisy-chained.
Designed for COTS applications these PCIe carrier boards deliver high-reliability, and high-performance at a low cost.
AcroPack carriers are ROHS compliant and ideal for military, defense, automation, aerospace, scientific, and development labs industries.
PCI Express Bus Compliance
This device meets or exceeds all written PCI Express specifications per revision 2.1.
The host port consists of four PCIe lanes, each of the mini-PCIe sites have one lane each.
Front I/O: Connector: 50-pin 0.8 mm Champ cable connection. Pin assignments are defined by the installed AcroPack or mini-PCIe module.
The field side connector of the AcroPack I/O module mates to a Samtec SS5-50-3.00-L-D-K-TR socket connector P2 on the carrier board.
Gold plating in the connection area, M2.5 screws and spacers provide excellent connection integrity and stability for harsh environments.
Ease of Use
A standard 14-pin Xilinx JTAG programming header is provided for programming and debugging the FPGA on some AcroPack modules.
Physical Configuration: PCIe x4 lane
Length: 5.158 inches (131.01 mm).
Height: 2.711 inches (68.86 mm).
Field I/O Connector: 50-pin male header; 1 mini-PCIe connector, 1 field I/O Champ connector; 1 PCI Express bus interface connector.
Operating temperature: -40 to +85°C.
Storage temperature: -55 to +125°C.
Relative humidity: 5 to 95% non-condensing.
+3.3 Volts (±10%): 0.55mA typical
+12 Volts (±5%): 25mA Typical
The APCe7010E-LF has one DC/DC converters to provide the power supply voltages to the AcroPack modules that are not present at the host interface. The +1.5 Volt supply is sourced from the +3.3 Volt host power. The +5 Volt and -12 Volt supply is sourced from +12 Volt host power.
Features & Benefits
• One AcroPack or mini-PCIe module slot
• PCI Express compliant
• Plug-and-play carrier configuration and interrupt support
• Fused +1.5V, +3.3V, +5V, +12V, and -12V DC power is provided. A fuse is present on each supply line serving each AcroPack module.
• Front panel SCSI-2 connectors for field I/O signals
• Optional isolated power supplies. Support for AcroPacks requiring ±12 Volt isolated power
• Extended temperature range
• DIP switch card identification
• Standard 14-pin Xilinx JTAG programming header
• Software development tools for VxWorks, Linux, and Windows environments