Acromag is a U.S. high-tech innovative electronics company. Our designs travel through space on their way to the final frontier. Nuclear plants, wastewater treatment plants, and oil production are all safer for neighborhoods and the environment with the help of our reliable signal measurement and control I/O devices. We service the world from our Michigan facility. We are committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture made up of the best and brightest engineers in the business. We care about our employees and offer a comprehensive benefit package.
We are looking for a motivated SMT Coordinator for our manufacturing department. You will work with a team of talented and motivated professionals, and gain wide-range experience in a dynamic electronics company.
As an SMT Coordinator (for electronic assembly), you will tend to the machine by quickly and efficiently loading/replenishing feeders with reels of components, entering programs into automated placement machinery, and prepping for the next build with the primary goal being to maximize machine productive time.
- Operate solder paste, reflow oven, and SMT pick/place machine (MyData).
- Set up SMT component feeders and trays for SMT pick/place machines (lifting up to 50 lbs.).
- Set up solder paste machine for stenciling of printed circuit boards.
- Set up reflow oven for soldering printed circuit board assembly.
- Ability to perform semi-routine adjustments, troubleshooting, and quality auditing.
- Attention to detail is a essential.
- Continually strive to develop ways to reduce costs and improve overall quality.
- Must be self-motivated to meet scheduling goals with minimum supervisions.
- Must be flexible to alternate between job assignments.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
Education and Experience
- High School degree / GED required.
- Associates degree in Electronics Technology is a plus.
- 2+ year’s work experience preferred.
- Computer skills a plus.
- Pass and maintain IPC-A-610D certification.
- Ability to solder/desolder.
- Thorough understanding of electronic circuitry.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must write legibly.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Maximum weight to be handled is 50 pounds.
- The majority of the work is to be performed in a standing position. The ability to remain standing for up to 8 hours at a time if necessary.
- May occasionally perform duties in a standing, kneeling or squatting, position, and occasionally use a stair climber ladder.
- May be required to use hands to finger, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- The work setting consists of a production environment with suitable lighting, and moderate to high noise level.
- The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour workweek, with overtime dependent on department needs.
- You may be required to wear eye protection.
- This is a safe working environment with mild chemical odor and fumes.
Anything so delegated by management.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer