We are looking for a motivated Shipping Clerk person. You will work with a team of talented and motivated professionals, and gain wide-range experience in a dynamic electronics company.
The Shipping Clerk will maintain shipping records and handle the paperwork associated with shipping duties. They will prepare units by checking quality and quantity, and ensuring that there is no damage, and making sure that they are labeled properly. This job can be quite demanding at times as they need to handle the smallest of details associated with preparing shipments. They may interact with sales/accountings regarding the shipments to ensure that the items ordered are in stock. Apart from handling the high end of shipping duties, shipping clerks also prepare invoices and compute freight costs using the scale provided, and may also directly move shipments from one place to another.
- Identifying materials requested using the pick list supplied by the ERP system, and pulling units from finished goods.
- Package units in boxes and/or cartons for shipment, and prepare shipping labels to customers.
- Prepare both domestic and international shipments in accordance with shipping specification and requirements.
- Manage all important documents such as advanced shipping notices, packing slip/pick list, and bills of lading etc.
- All transactions must be input into the ERP System with all necessary paperwork properly completed, to ensure accuracy of inventory and traceability of stock units.
- Responsible for finished goods inventory and the ability to reconcile with the ERP system as requested by Supervisor.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
Education and Experience
- High School degree or GED.
- Computer skills a plus.
- Pass and maintain IPC-A-610D certification.
- Ability to work with people and understand their needs quickly.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Maximum weight to be handled is 50 pounds.
- The majority of the work is to be performed in a standing position, with walking. The ability to remain standing for up to 8 hours at a time if necessary.
- May occasionally perform duties in a sitting, kneeling or squatting, position along with having to use a stair-climber ladder.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- The work setting consists of a production environment with suitable lighting, a moderate to high noise level, and fluctuating temperatures.
- The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour workweek, with overtime dependent on department needs.
- You may be required to wear eye protection.
- This is a safe working environment with mild chemical odor and fumes.
Anything so delegated by management.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
30765 Wixom Rd
Wixom, MI 48393
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer