Acromag is a U.S. high-tech innovative electronics company. Our designs travel through space on their way to the final frontier. Nuclear plants, wastewater treatment plants, and oil production are all safer for neighborhoods and the environment with the help of our reliable signal measurement and control I/O devices. We service the world from our Michigan facility. We are committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture made up of the best and brightest engineers in the business. We care about our employees and offer a comprehensive benefit package.
We are looking for a motivated Sales Engineer. You will work with a team of talented and motivated professionals, and gain wide-range experience in a dynamic electronics company.
The Sales Engineer position will bridge the gap between Applications Engineer and Inside Sales. The Sales Engineer is responsible for assisting the Regional Sales Managers of the Process Sales Group to answer questions for customers concerning proper operation of Acromag equipment. Primary interfaces are the Regional Sales Managers, the engineering department at Acromag, and direct customer contact to provide job winning support and assistance. To accomplish this task, you will perform the following duties.
- Provide support to existing customers and initiatives for new account development from a technical and interactive perspective as derived from lead follow-up, and independent research.
- Be intimately involved with defining solutions with your customers for challenging applications.
- Assist with the execution of sales plans, budgets, forecasts, and sales funnels.
- Develop application notes and case studies.
- Participate in product development, marketing and client education activities.
- Perform continuous updates of your own knowledge of products.
- Understand customer requirements and use cases, and effectively communicate Acromag’s solutions and value proposition.
- Document and transfer knowledge of prospective customer’s requirements to Engineering and Marketing teams.
- Become and remain familiar with Acromag’s customer base, their systems and applications, competitor products, and new technologies entering the market.
- Assist the Regional Sales Managers to potential customer HW and SW requirements.
- Provide product expertise to marketing to develop sales collateral.
- Assist Regional Sales Managers in qualifying new opportunities.
- Maintain customer relationships as assigned, communicating effectively with customers at every level, from engineers to senior management.
- Notice and highlight changes that may improve speed to market, developer efficiency, cost, or quality of service.
- Ensure the coding standards are met, or help define, document or update these standards if they are not available or are outdated.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Engineering and 3+ years of experience.
- Working knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with Computers, Machine Controls, and Operating Systems.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Personable and a team player.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work with people and understand their needs quickly.
- Good typing (i.e. 40+ wpm) and grammar skills.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Maximum weight to be handled is 50 pounds.
- The majority of the work is to be performed in a sitting position. The ability to remain sitting for up to 8 hours at a time if necessary.
- May occasionally perform duties in a standing, kneeling or squatting, position.
- May be required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color are necessary, and the ability to adjust focus for use of a computer monitor.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour workweek, with overtime dependent on department needs.
- May be expected to visit the production floor, where the noise level is moderate to high noise level, with suitable lighting, and with a mild chemical odor and fumes.
- Travel will be limited to trade shows, and customer visits or as specified by the Vice President of Sales.
Anything so delegated by management.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer