Acromag is a U.S. high-tech innovative electronics company. Our designs travel through space on their way to the final frontier. Nuclear plants, wastewater treatment plants, and oil production are all safer for neighborhoods and the environment with the help of our reliable signal measurement and control I/O devices. We service the world from our Michigan facility. We are committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture made up of the best and brightest engineers in the business.
The Receiving Clerk examines products and materials for defects or deviations from specifications. Confirming specifications by conducting visual and physical tests; communicating required adjustments, issues, or trends to the Quality Supervisor. During the visual inspection, the Receiving Clerk will look for any abnormalities such as dents, missing parts, the general integrity of the product, and the quantity received. as well as check for minor cosmetic issues such as scratches, and nicks. Also, included is to check to make sure components fall within tolerance directed by the product specifications and requirements.
- Receives goods and verifies the quality and count of all items unloaded from trucks and trailers; checks against suppliers count and immediately reports discrepancies to manager.
- Carefully and accurately maintains receiving records for requested categories including goods returned.
- Notifies manager of major discrepancies, defective parts, over-shipments, or substitutions.
- Maintains database of receiving data to ensure that customers orders are updated.
- Prepare receiving and inspection reports.
- Inspection and testing of electronic products, assemblies, and components.
- Checks quantity, quality, type, size, part number, dimensions, and specifications to ensure that the materials are properly identified.
- Operates a pallet jack as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills and with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to accurately sort, count, and verify items received.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Able to speak, read, write, and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- Basic understanding of warehouse procedures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite a plus.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least one year of related experience required.
- IPC-A-610D certification; preferred.
- The work setting consists of a production environment with suitable lighting, and moderate noise level.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working with a microscope and on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Will perform duties that require standing, bending, reaching, lifting and occasionally use a stair climber ladder.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- On occasion, safety glasses may be required to be worn.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour work week, with overtime dependent on department needs.
What We Offer:
- Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance & AD&D
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holiday’s
- Wellness Program
- Health Club Reimbursement
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Employee activities planned throughout the year: such as, company lunches, team building and holiday parties
- Casual Dress Code
Acromag provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
30765 Wixom Rd
Wixom, MI 48393
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer