The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for overall development, implementation, and maintenance of the organization’s quality. Ensures that products and services meet all necessary requirements. Is responsible for the final product; to make sure it has been built with compliance to regulatory standards and meets customer expectations. Must fully understand the requirements for the product or service and have a sense of responsibility towards our potential and existing customers as well as the company. The main objective is to contribute to the preservation of Acromag’s reputation in the electronics industry by ensuring that our products and services are capable to drive sustainable growth.
- Working knowledge of AS9100, IS9001, internal auditing, RMA process, CAR responses, five whys, preventative action, and continuous improvement.
- Ensure that products comply with IPC-A-610 standards.
- Understand customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes, procedures and revise as needed.
- Ensure evaluation of, and reporting on, vendor quality systems.
- Conduct periodic management review meetings.
- Oversee product recalls.
- Write procedures per AS9100 and IS9001 specifications, and where applicable.
- Responsible for accuracy and timely inspection/calibration of monitoring and measuring devices.
- Keep up on standards, regulations/laws, issues, and news with respect to product (service) quality.
- Manage the monitoring, measurement, and review of internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of the organization’s products.
- Supervise inspectors and provide guidance, feedback; develop career plans for direct reports (mentor, coach, challenge and engage).
- Oversee all product development procedures to identify deviations from quality standards.
- Inspect final output and compare properties to requirements.
- Approve the right products or reject defectives.
- Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis.
- Be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement and develop new efficient procedures.
- Report to top management on the performance of the products, including the need for improvement.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor degree in business administration or relevant field (Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing engineering, etc.).
- 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control.
- Working knowledge ERP systems.
- Knowledgeable manufacturing.
- Industry relevant production experience.
- In depth understanding of quality control procedures and relevant legal standards.
- Excellent math abilities and working knowledge of data analysis/statistical methods.
- Good analytical and organizational skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving, planning and organizing, decision-making, communication, persuasiveness, influencing and leading, adaptability, conflict management, and stress tolerance.
- Must be self-directed, detail oriented, reliable, team player, and have strong initiative.
- Good communication, presentation skills, flexible, and capable of prioritizing work load.
- Good typing (i.e.; 40+ wpm), phone and grammar skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Basic understanding and ability to read prints and schematics.
Physical and mental Requirements
- Maximum weight to be handled is 50 pounds.
- The majority of the work is to be performed in a sitting position. The ability to remain sitting for up to 8 hours at a time if necessary.
- May occasionally perform duties in a standing, kneeling or squatting, position, and occasionally use a stair climber ladder.
- May be required to use hands to finger, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- The work setting consists of a production environment with suitable lighting, and moderate to high noise level.
- The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour workweek, with overtime dependent on department needs.
- You may be required to wear eye protection.
- This is a safe working environment with mild chemical odor and fumes.
Anything so delegated by management.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
30765 Wixom Rd
Wixom, MI 48393
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer