We are looking for a motivated PCB CAD Designer for our Engineering department. You will work with a team of talented and motivated professionals, and gain wide-range experience in a dynamic electronics company.
Primary tasks will be to layout and route printed circuit board products. This will include simulation, stencil generation, documentation, and manufacturing support. In addition, existing products must occasionally be supported with PCB and/or stencil updates. Candidate will also provide product application support for new and existing products when gerbers, schematics, 3D step files are needed.
Must understand that capacitors, resistors, inductors, ICs, etc. must be places in board location dictated by the component electronical requirements. Research and follow IC layout requirement provided by IC manufacturers data sheets.
Understand and define the printed circuit board rules controlling vias, differential pair routing, matched signal lengths, controlled signal impedances, and component placement requirements.
- Propose PCB layer stacks needed to meet product requirements.
- Generate new library components including schematic symbol, PCB pattern, and 3D model.
- Perform Hyperlynx signal integrity analysis of all product high speed signals.
- Reviews product design for compliance with relevant design standards and marketing needs.
- Supports new project planning, scheduling with effort estimates.
- Reviews and reports project status against the schedule during the development cycle.
- Resolves engineering routing and layout problems.
- Documents products per company requirements.
- Helps train and direct support personnel as required.
- Does research into new applications/methods as required.
- Reviews and refines methods to enhance product development.
- Consults with manufacturing staff to optimize interfaces between engineering and manufacturing.
- Agrees to execute all required research and development tasks and any other projects so directed by management.
- Maintains a task list on a weekly basis.
- Anything else delegated by management.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Technology Degree in Electronics.
- 1 year of experience using and designing with Altium, Mentor Graphics, or other similar PCB route tools.
- Working knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Pro).
- Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Personable and a team player.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work with people and understand their needs quickly.
- Good typing (i.e. 40+ wpm) and grammar skills.
- Must write legibly.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Maximum weight to be handled is 50 pounds.
- The majority of the work is to be performed in a sitting position. The ability to remain sitting for up to 8 hours at a time if necessary.
- May occasionally perform duties in a standing, kneeling or squatting, position, and occasionally use a stair climber.
- May be required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary, and the ability to adjust focus for use of a computer monitor.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour workweek, with overtime dependent on department needs.
- May be expected to visit the production floor, where the noise level is moderate to high noise level, with suitable lighting, and with a mild chemical odor and fumes.
Anything so delegated by management.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer