Acromag is a U.S. high-tech innovative electronics company. Our designs travel through space on their way to the final frontier. Nuclear plants, wastewater treatment plants, and oil production are all safer for neighborhoods and the environment with the help of our reliable signal measurement and control I/O devices. We service the world from our Michigan facility. We are committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture made up of the best and brightest engineers in the business. We care about our employees and offer a comprehensive benefit package.
The primary responsibilities of the Outside Sales Associate are to call on prospects, service inbound calls, and follow-up on sales opportunities in conjunction with the Regional / National Sales Manager’s direction.
- Identify target accounts and profile new customers.
- Prepare quotes, respond to email requests and online chat.
- Assist Regional / National Sales Managers in servicing customers and sales representative in the field.
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts, soliciting new accounts, building rapport, and providing quotations.
- Assist the sales channel with proper customer product selection.
- Support new accounts by answering telephone and e-mail inquiries, verifying and entering information and participating in periodic visits to customer and sales channel locations.
- Develop new opportunities by checking customer’s buying history and suggesting related and new items.
- Update job knowledge by studying new product descriptions and participating in educational opportunities.
- Willingness to travel within their assigned territory 20-30%.
Education and Experience
- Associate degree in sales, marketing or business or 1-3 years in a related field.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Working knowledge of CRM databases, and social media, internet.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Personable and a team player.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work with people and understand their needs quickly.
- Good typing (i.e. 40+ wpm) and grammar skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite 10.
- Strong computer skills.
- Willing to update product knowledge on an ongoing basis.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Fits the RPRS principle for the position.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Maximum weight to be handled is 50 pounds.
- The majority of the work is to be performed in a sitting position. The ability to remain sitting for up to 8 hours at a time if necessary.
- May occasionally perform duties in a standing, kneeling or squatting, position.
- May be required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary, and the ability to adjust focus for use of a computer monitor.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour workweek, with overtime dependent on department needs. Travel is expected approximately 20-30% per month.
- May be expected to visit the production floor, where the noise level is moderate to high noise level, with suitable lighting, and with a mild chemical odor and fumes.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
30765 Wixom Rd
Wixom, MI 48393
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer