We are looking for a motivated Manufacturing Engineer for our manufacturing department. You will work with a team of talented and motivated professionals, and gain wide-range experience in a dynamic electronics company.
The Manufacturing Engineer is the keeper of the body of manufacturing process knowledge, supports the creation of the instruction set and ensures manufacturing.
- Provide daily on-the-floor technical support.
- Identifying and driving implementations of improvements to maximize throughput and capacity utilization.
- Provide assistance and perform training as required in the repair and preventive maintenance of SMT equipment.
- Effectively utilizes ERP, and other tools to clearly plan, create and revise AOI programs.
- Help drive continuous Quality improvement actions in order to achieve ‘zero escape’ goals.
- Ensure program performance and accuracy using different test methods (bare boards, comparison, escape rates, false calls, etc.).
- Ensure paperwork is accurate (i.e. travelers, prints, Bill of Material, etc.) and of current revision.
- Report any issues to Quality and/or Engineering.
- Help production in the improvement process, quality and efficiency.
- Escalate appropriate issues to management, and provide assistance as needed to accomplish repairs.
- Recommends changes or additional experiments to improve quality, productivity, recovery, and overall efficiency.
- Interface with Engineering Groups to successfully achieve common goals and complete special projects.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Science degree in related field preferred; or minimum of 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Working knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong problem solving skills and efficient management of time and resources.
- Pass and maintain IPC-A-610D/J-STD-001 trainer certification.
- Ability to solder/de-solder.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Basic understanding and ability to read prints and schematics.
- Must write legibly.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Maximum weight to be handled is 50 pounds.
- The majority of the work is to be performed in a sitting position. The ability to remain sitting for up to 8 hours at a time if necessary.
- May occasionally perform duties in a standing, kneeling or squatting, position, and occasionally use a stair climber ladder.
- May be required to use hands to finger, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- The work setting consists of a production environment with suitable lighting, and moderate to high noise level.
- The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour workweek, with overtime dependent on department needs.
- You may be required to wear eye protection.
- This is a safe working environment with mild chemical odor and fumes.
Anything so delegated by management.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel DepartmentNotice: Undefined index: address in /code/wp-content/themes/TheeTheme-Child/single-career-opportunity.php on line 37
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer