Acromag is a U.S. high-tech innovative electronics company. Our designs travel through space on their way to the final frontier. Nuclear plants, wastewater treatment plants, and oil production are all safer for neighborhoods and the environment with the help of our reliable signal measurement and control I/O devices. We service the world from our Michigan facility. We are committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture made up of the best and brightest engineers in the business. We care about our employees and offer a comprehensive benefit package.
The primary responsibilities of the Inside Sales Representative are to call on prospects, service inbound calls, and follow-up on sales orders.
- Assisting callers with product selection.
- Identifying target accounts and profiling new customers.
- Preparing quotes, responding to email requests and online chat.
- Assist Regional Sales Managers in servicing customers and sales representative in the field.
- Develops sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts; soliciting new accounts; building rapport; providing quotations.
- Closes new accounts by answering telephone and e-mail inquiries; verifying and entering information.
- Fills orders by transferring orders to fulfillment; communicating expected delivery date; explaining stock-outs.
- Develops accounts by checking customer’s buying history and suggesting related and new items.
- Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions; participating in educational opportunities.
- Willingness and ability to work in a small office environment, multi-task, and adjust effectively to new work structures, processes, requirements.
Education and Experience
- Associate degree in sales, marketing or business or 1-3 years in a related field.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Working knowledge of CRM databases, and social media, internet.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Personable and a team player.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work with people and understand their needs quickly.
- Good typing (i.e. 40+ wpm) and grammar skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite 10.
- Strong computer skills.
- Willing to update product knowledge on an ongoing basis.
- Strong customer service skills.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Maximum weight to be handled is 50 pounds.
- The majority of the work is to be performed in a sitting position. The ability to remain sitting for up to 8 hours at a time if necessary.
- May occasionally perform duties in a standing, kneeling or squatting, position.
- May be required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary, and the ability to adjust focus for use of a computer monitor.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour workweek, with overtime dependent on department needs.
- May be expected to visit the production floor, where the noise level is moderate to high noise level, with suitable lighting, and with a mild chemical odor and fumes.
Anything so delegated by management.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
30765 Wixom Rd
Wixom, MI 48393
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer