Acromag’s Engineering Group works with some of the most challenging applications from around the world. The Engineering Support Manager will assist with management of the Engineering Department to ensure overall efficiency related to engineering projects.
- Support/improve the Product Specialization (i.e. the “custom” product) process to gather customer requirements from sales and engineering feasibility, NRE and schedule estimates for management review and decision making.
- Generate schematics, bill of material, and PCB layout guidelines.
- Assume engineering responsibility for all product development phases, including quoting, breadboards, prototypes, testing, validation and release to production.
- Knowledge of CAD parts/library maintenance, and manufacturing support.
- Knowledge CAD, schematic, and layout skills.
- Support and supervision of the PCB Designer Group.
- Supports new project planning, scheduling, preliminary design, and costing efforts.
- Perform continuous updates of your own knowledge of Engineering best practices.
- Good communication skills are required for defining problems and problem solutions within the organization.
- Full understanding of organization’s structure, goals and responsibilities.
Education and Experience
- Electronic or Computer Engineering Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience.
- Working knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience using Schematic and PCB tools (Altium Designer a plus).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Personable and a team player.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work with people and understand their needs quickly.
- Good typing (i.e. 40+ wpm) and grammar skills.
- Must write legibly.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Maximum weight to be handled is 50 pounds.
- The majority of the work is to be performed in a sitting position. The ability to remain sitting for up to 8 hours at a time if necessary.
- May occasionally perform duties in a standing, kneeling or squatting, position, and occasionally use a stair climber.
- May be required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary, and the ability to adjust focus for use of a computer monitor.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour workweek, with overtime dependent on department needs.
- May be expected to visit the production floor, where the noise level is moderate to high noise level, with suitable lighting, and with a mild chemical odor and fumes.
Anything so delegated by management.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
30765 Wixom Rd
Wixom, MI 48393
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer