We are looking for a motivated Electronic Technician for our Engineering Lab department. You will work with a team of talented and motivated professionals, and gain wide-range experience in a dynamic electronics company.
The Electronic Technician is responsible for trouble shooting, repairing and testing various pc boards. Candidate must be a problem solver who can function effectively with minimum of supervision.
- Ability to repair and/or replace electronic components to board level, including but not limited to: diodes, transistors, resistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, other printed circuit components, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and test electronic components to board level, using various methods and testing equipment.
- Ability to help problem solve to improve quality and output.
- Ability to repair electronic drives, controllers and pc boards.
- Ability to use logic analyzers to validate/debug computer interface bus data transfers.
• Attention to detail is a necessity.
- Must be self-motivated to meet scheduling goals with minimum supervisions.
- Must be flexible to alternate between job assignments.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree in Electronics Technology, Bachelor of Science in Electronic Technology (BSEET) is a plus.
- 2+ years’ work experience preferred.
- Programming experience in C and/or C++, and embedded microcontrollers is a plus.
- Mechanical CAD experience a plus.
- Computer skills a plus.
- Pass and maintain IPC-A-610D certification.
- Ability to solder/de-solder.
- Thorough understanding of electronic circuitry.
- Familiarity with and ability to utilize different types of test equipment such as function generators, oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, and power supplies.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must write legibly.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Maximum weight to be handled is 50 pounds.
- The majority of the work is to be performed in a sitting position. The ability to remain sitting for up to eight hours at a time if necessary.
- May occasionally perform duties in a standing, kneeling or squatting, position, and occasionally use a stair climber ladder.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- Able to speak, read, write, and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- The work setting consists of a production environment with suitable lighting, and moderate to high noise level.
- The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour workweek, with overtime dependent on department needs.
- You may be required to wear eye protection.
- This is a safe working environment with mild chemical odor and fumes.
Anything so delegated by management.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
30765 Wixom Rd
Wixom, MI 48393
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer