Acromag is a U.S. high-tech innovative electronics company. Our designs travel through space on their way to the final frontier. Nuclear plants, wastewater treatment plants, and oil production are all safer for neighborhoods and the environment with the help of our reliable signal measurement and control I/O devices. We service the world from our Michigan facility. We are committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture made up of the best and brightest engineers in the business. We care about our employees and offer a comprehensive benefit package.
We are looking for a motivated Electronic Technician for our Engineering Lab department. You will work with a team of talented and motivated professionals, and gain wide-range experience in a dynamic electronics company.
The Electronics Technician will be responsible for performing qualifying tests (verification & validation) and troubleshooting as an integral member of a design team developing new electronic product designs incorporating hardware circuitry and firmware/software. Must be a problem solver who can function effectively with a minimum of supervision.
- Knowledge of analog and digital symbol identification.
- Knowledge of test practices and procedures.
- Ability to read/interpret schematics, assembly drawings, parts lists and wire data lists.
- Ability to operate test equipment such as: ohmmeters, digital voltmeters, generators, counters, oscilloscopes.
- Experience with electronic CAD schematic capture. Mechanical CAD experience is a plus.
- Experience in performance of EMC testing to meet European Norms (CE) is a plus (RFI, cRFI, ESD, EFT, surge and radiated emissions).
- Experience with multiple pieces of equipment using various communications protocols, such as RS-232, RS-485, ModBus, TCP/IP, etc.
- Experience with hand soldering small scale electronic components.
- Must be self-motivated to meeting scheduled goals with minimum supervision.
- Flexible to alternate between job assignments.
- Must follow ESD and AS9100 standards.
- Must maintain a weekly project task list.
Education and Experience
- Associated Degree in Electronic Technology.
- Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering Technology (BSEET) is a plus, and 2+ years’ work experience preferred.
- Soldering skills proficiency with fine pitch lead-free surface mount soldering, and BGAs.
- Excellent in Building, troubleshooting / repairing and verifying the electronic products.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of CAD / Schematic / Drawing applications.
- Personable and a team player.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good typing (i.e. 40+ wpm) and grammar skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask daily.
- Creative yet analytical.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools: Word, Project, Excel, etc.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Maximum weight to be handled is 50 pounds.
- The majority of the work is to be performed in a sitting position. The ability to remain sitting for up to 8 hours at a time if necessary.
- May occasionally perform duties in a standing, kneeling or squatting, position.
- May be required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary, and the ability to adjust focus for use of a computer monitor.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- The work setting consists of a production environment with suitable lighting, and moderate to high noise level.
- The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour workweek, with overtime dependent on department needs.
- You may be required to wear eye protection.
- This is a safe working environment with mild chemical odor and fumes.
- May be expected to visit the production floor, where the noise level is moderate to high noise level, with suitable lighting, and with a mild chemical odor and fumes.
Anything so delegated by management.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
30765 Wixom Rd
Wixom, MI 48393
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer