Acromag is a U.S. high-tech innovative electronics company. Our designs travel through space on their way to the final frontier. Nuclear plants, wastewater treatment plants, and oil production are all safer for neighborhoods and the environment with the help of our reliable signal measurement and control I/O devices. We service the world from our Michigan facility. We are committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture made up of the best and brightest engineers in the business. We care about our employees and offer a comprehensive benefit package.
We are looking for a motivated Electronic Technician for our manufacturing department. You will work with a team of talented and motivated professionals, and gain wide-range experience in a dynamic electronics company.
The Electronic Technician is responsible for trouble shooting, repairing and testing various PC boards. Candidate must be a problem solver who can function effectively with minimum of supervision.
- Ability to repair and/or replace electronic components to board level, including but not limited to: diodes, transistors, resistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, other printed circuit components, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and test electronic components to board level, using various methods and testing equipment.
- Ability to help problem solve to improve quality and output.
- Ability to repair electronic drives, controllers and pc boards.
- Ability to use logic analyzers to validate/debug computer interface bus data transfers.
- Attention to detail is a necessity.
- Must be self-motivated to meet scheduling goals with minimum supervisions.
- Must be flexible to alternate between job assignments.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
Education and Expreience
- Associates degree in Electronics Technology, Bachelor of Science in Electronic Technology (BSEET) is a plus.
- 2+ years’ work experience preferred.
- Programming experience in C and/or C++, and embedded microcontrollers is a plus.
- Mechanical CAD experience a plus.
- Computer skills a plus.
- Pass and maintain IPC-A-610D certification.
- Ability to solder/de-solder.
- Thorough understanding of electronic circuitry.
- Familiarity with and ability to utilize different types of test equipment such as function generators, oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, and power supplies.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Maximum weight to be handled is 50 pounds.
- The majority of the work is to be performed in a sitting position. The ability to remain sitting for up to 8 hours at a time if necessary.
- May occasionally perform duties in a standing, kneeling or squatting, position, and occasionally use a stair climber ladder.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- The work setting consists of a production environment with suitable lighting, and moderate to high noise level.
- The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour workweek, with overtime dependent on department needs.
- You may be required to wear eye protection.
- This is a safe working environment with mild chemical odor and fumes.
Anything so delegated by management.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer