Acromag is a U.S. high-tech innovative electronics company. Our designs travel through space on their way to the final frontier. Nuclear plants, wastewater treatment plants, and oil production are all safer for neighborhoods and the environment with the help of our reliable signal measurement and control I/O devices. We service the world from our Michigan facility. We are committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture made up of the best and brightest engineers in the business. We care about our employees and offer a comprehensive benefit package.
The Design Engineer will do the research and design of electronic products, this includes testing, documentation, and manufacturing support of electronic products. In addition, existing products must occasionally be supported with component updates.
You must be capable of providing product application support for new and existing products. The Design Engineer role will be an instrumental part of how our business grows moving forward, both in design & manufacturing as well as business development.
- Experience in digital, analog, and RF circuitry design/troubleshooting.
- Plans and formulates engineering activities according to project requirements.
- Generate schematics, bill of material, and PCB layout guidelines.
- Review and evaluate test results Identify root cause of problems and provide corrective actions and recommendations.
- Knowledge of CAD parts/library maintenance, and manufacturing support.
- Knowledge CAD, schematic, and layout skills.
- Supports new project planning, scheduling, preliminary design, and costing efforts.
- Ability to use analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion devices.
- Generates product functional specifications and product test requirements.
- Reviews product design for compliance with relevant design standards and marketing needs.
- Reviews and reports project status against the schedule during the development cycle.
- Provide technical leadership and support with other team members, including sales, purchasing and manufacturing.
- Resolves engineering design and testing problems.
- Document products per company requirements.
- Do research into new applications/methods as required.
- Reviews and refines methods to enhance hardware/firmware development.
- Consults with software engineering staff to optimize interfaces between hardware and software.
- Agrees to execute all required research and development tasks and any other projects so directed by management.
- Continues to seek education to enhance abilities.
- Maintains a task list on a weekly basis.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (BSEE), and/or Computer Engineering (BSCE) degree and/or Master’s degree in Electronics.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience using and designing with microcontrollers (hardware/software), compiler and schematic capture tools.
- Experience with analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion devices, and familiarity with network I/O protocols (Ethernet Modbus/TCP, Ethernet/IP, Profinet) a plus.
- Digital design centered around microcontrollers.
- Low power isolated power supply design.
- Analog design for signal conditioning.
- Board level design, schematic capture and board layout experience.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Personable and a team player.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to understand clients’ needs quickly and be able to communicate those needs.
- Good typing (i.e. 40+ wpm) and grammar skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask daily.
- Creative yet analytical.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools: Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Maximum weight to be handled is 50 pounds.
- The majority of the work is to be performed in a sitting position. The ability to remain sitting for up to 8 hours at a time if necessary.
- May occasionally perform duties in a standing, kneeling or squatting, position, and occasionally use a stair climber.
- May be required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary, and the ability to adjust focus for use of a computer monitor.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour workweek, with overtime dependent on department needs.
- May be expected to visit the production floor, where the noise level is moderate to high noise level, with suitable lighting, and with a mild chemical odor and fumes.
Anything so delegated by management.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
30765 Wixom Rd
Wixom, MI 48393
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer