The Buyers objective is to effectively purchase quality products at the most effective price and delivery to ensure on time manufacturing and delivery to our customers.
- Performs various duties related to purchasing;
- Procure goods and services.
- Keeping order files and order register, up-to-date.
- Checking materials received against purchase orders.
- Checking overdue items on schedules, and contacting vendors regarding delayed deliveries.
- May type purchase orders and perform various clerical assignments required by purchasing agent.
- Help with the maintenance of the part master; setting min/med/max quantities and approved vendors.
- Coordinates, develops, and maintains the Production and Prototype build schedule daily to meet customer demand.
- Manage inventory levels and allocate necessary materials and components for Production and Prototype builds.
- Analyze MRP data to ensure the correct quantity and due date of raw material meets timing to fulfill customer demand.
- Work with Engineering, Sales, and Purchasing to manage priorities in the build schedule.
- Manage Finish Goods to safeguard future customer demand.
- Provide detailed reports on build timing, bottlenecks, and/or delays.
- Provide daily updates to Sales and/or Engineering on build status.
- Establish and maintain procedures for surface mount components to be purchased on appropriate media (i.e. reels/tubes/trays).
- Identify single source items to avoid part shortages.
- Expedite/Move Out orders as needed.
- Prepare product documentation for alternate manufacturing locations.
- Develop relations with vendors.
- Find additional approved vendors to eliminate single source purchases and improve competitive pricing/purchasing.
- Learn all areas of the purchasing cycle and item logistics.
- Support line operations and collaborate with department managers, engineers or staff.
- All special projects assigned by the purchasing agent and/or president.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree or 3+ years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong problem-solving skills and efficient management of time and resources.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Personable and a team player.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work with people and understand their needs quickly.
- Good typing (i.e. 40+ wpm) and grammar skills.
- Must write legibly.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Maximum weight to be handled is 50 pounds.
- The majority of the work is to be performed in a sitting position. The ability to remain sitting for up to 8 hours at a time if necessary.
- May occasionally perform duties in a standing, kneeling or squatting, position, and occasionally use a stair climber.
- May be required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary, and the ability to adjust focus for use of a computer monitor.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour workweek, with overtime dependent on department needs.
- May be expected to visit the production floor, where the noise level is moderate to high noise level, with suitable lighting, and with a mild chemical odor and fumes.
Anything so delegated by management.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
30765 Wixom Rd
Wixom, MI 48393
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer