We are looking for a motivated Assembler for our manufacturing department. You will work with a team of talented and motivated professionals, and gain wide-range experience in a dynamic electronics company.
Under moderate supervision and working from written and/or verbal instructions including engineering drawings and test procedures, assembles, installs, and adjusts variety of electromechanical units using hand tools. To assist in the production of quality and on time delivery to our customers.
- Ability to assembly of electronic assemblies.
- Ability to solder to IPC standards.
- Experience with surface mount and through-hole components.
- Assembly of cables and harnesses.
- Mask and/or tape circuit boards in areas that are to be free of conformal coating or potting.
- Remove any excess coating and perform manual touch-up of any areas the coating machine may miss so boards and maintain a consistent high quality.
- Transport racks of circuit boards from one destination to another to continue the manufacturing process.
- Maintain machines including changing the fluids and mixers and cleaning machines to ensure proper and efficient operation.
- Perform general housekeeping duties to provide a safe and clean working environment at all times.
Education and Experience
- High School degree or GED.
- Computer skills a plus.
- Hand soldering
- Pass and maintain IPC-A-610D certification.
- Use of visual aids may be required such as magnification lenses, binocular microscopes, and specific personal safety equipment.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Maximum weight to be handles is 50 pounds.
- The majority of the work is to be performed in a sitting position. The ability to remain seated in a chair for up to 8 hours at a time if necessary.
- May occasionally perform duties in a standing, kneeling or squatting position, and occasionally use a stair climber ladder.
- Good eyesight and the ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English as it relates to performing job requirements.
- The work setting consists of a production environment with suitable lighting, a moderate to high noise level, and fluctuating temperatures.
- The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour workweek, with overtime dependent on department needs.
- You may be required to wear eye protection for the majority of the shift.
- This is a safe working environment with mild chemical odor and fumes.
Anything so delegated by management.
Acromag, Inc., Personnel Department
30765 Wixom Rd
Wixom, MI 48393
Acromag is an Equal Opportunity Employer