Acromag’s RS-485 network repeater is designed for Johnson Controls' N2 and BACnet MS/TP bus. This device allows users to take full advantage of the RS-485 standard’s extended communication distances and multi-dropping capabilities. In addition, these devices offer field selectable End-of-Line Network (EOLN) terminations on both the A and B networks.
Operation is transparent to all devices and no handshaking is required. Up to thirty-two RS-485 devices can be driven. Network repeaters are ready to mount on any base plate. Or, for a harsh environment, it can be installed in a NEMA enclosure of your choice. No enclosure is necessary for use in a laboratory or office. Installation requires mounting, connecting power and cables, and setting the baud rate.
• No handshaking.
• No extra control lines.
• I/O signal isolation.
• Baud rates of 300, 600, 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19.2K, and 38.4K are switch selectable.
• Field-selectable end-of-line network terminations on both A and B sides.
• Electrical transient protection shields host computer from destructive noise spikes and harmful signals.
• Status LED’s indicate transmission direction, RS-485 bus fault conditions, and power applied.
• 115V and 230V AC power models available.